Wiley, Edward O.
Miller, Michael R.
Haussler, David H.
O'Brien, Stephen J O
Ryder, Oliver A.
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/562298
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe Genome 10K project aims to sequence the genomes of 10,000 vertebrates, representing approximately one genome for each vertebrate genus. Since fishes (cartilaginous fishes, ray-finned fishes and lobe-finned fishes) represent more than 50% of extant vertebrates, it is planned to target 4,000 fish genomes. At present, nearly 60 fish genomes are being sequenced at various public funded labs, and under a Genome 10K and BGI pilot project. An additional 100 fishes have been identified for sequencing in the next phase of Genome 10K project. © 2012 Elsevier B.V.
CitationBernardi, G., Wiley, E. O., Mansour, H., Miller, M. R., Orti, G., Haussler, D., … Venkatesh, B. (2012). The fishes of Genome 10K. Marine Genomics, 7, 3–6. doi:10.1016/j.margen.2012.02.002
- Rapidly evolving fish genomes and teleost diversity.
- Authors: Ravi V, Venkatesh B
- Issue date: 2008 Dec
- From 2R to 3R: evidence for a fish-specific genome duplication (FSGD).
- Authors: Meyer A, Van de Peer Y
- Issue date: 2005 Sep
- Observations on the radiation of lobe-finned fishes, ray-finned fishes, and cartilaginous fishes: phylogeny of the opioid/orphanin gene family and the 2R hypothesis.
- Authors: Dores RM, Majeed Q, Komorowski L
- Issue date: 2011 Jan 15
- Fish-T1K (Transcriptomes of 1,000 Fishes) Project: large-scale transcriptome data for fish evolution studies.
- Authors: Sun Y, Huang Y, Li X, Baldwin CC, Zhou Z, Yan Z, Crandall KA, Zhang Y, Zhao X, Wang M, Wong A, Fang C, Zhang X, Huang H, Lopez JV, Kilfoyle K, Zhang Y, Ortí G, Venkatesh B, Shi Q
- Issue date: 2016
- Genome size, GC percentage and 5mC level in the Indonesian coelacanth Latimeria menadoensis.
- Authors: Makapedua DM, Barucca M, Forconi M, Antonucci N, Bizzaro D, Amici A, Carradori MR, Olmo E, Canapa A
- Issue date: 2011 Sep