Overview of errors in the reference sequence and annotation of Mycobacterium tuberculosis H37Rv, and variation amongst its isolates
KAUST DepartmentComputational Bioscience Research Center (CBRC)
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/562208
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractSince its publication in 1998, the genome sequence of the Mycobacterium tuberculosis H37Rv laboratory strain has acted as the cornerstone for the study of tuberculosis. In this review we address some of the practical aspects that have come to light relating to the use of H37Rv throughout the past decade which are of relevance for the ongoing genomic and laboratory studies of this pathogen. These include errors in the genome reference sequence and its annotation, as well as the recently detected variation amongst isolates of H37Rv from different laboratories. © 2011 Elsevier B.V..
CitationKöser, C. U., Niemann, S., Summers, D. K., & Archer, J. A. C. (2012). Overview of errors in the reference sequence and annotation of Mycobacterium tuberculosis H37Rv, and variation amongst its isolates. Infection, Genetics and Evolution, 12(4), 807–810. doi:10.1016/j.meegid.2011.06.011
SponsorsClaudio U. Koser is a Gates Cambridge Scholar and received additional funding from the Cambridge Philosophical Society, the Cambridge European Trust and Clare Hall, Cambridge. We thank D. Collins, J. Parkhill, F. Spies, and S. Okamo for sharing some of their data. We are also grateful to S. Gagneux for proofreading this paper.
- [Future prospects of molecular epidemiology in tuberculosis].
- Authors: Matsumoto T, Iwamoto T
- Issue date: 2009 Dec
- Identification of moaA3 gene in patient isolates of Mycobacterium tuberculosis in Kerala, which is absent in M. tuberculosis H37Rv and H37Ra.
- Authors: Sarojini S, Soman S, Radhakrishnan I, Mundayoor S
- Issue date: 2005 Oct 4
- Limitations of the Mycobacterium tuberculosis reference genome H37Rv in the detection of virulence-related loci.
- Authors: O'Toole RF, Gautam SS
- Issue date: 2017 Oct
- What we can learn from the Mycobacterium tuberculosis genome sequencing projects.
- Authors: Manabe YC, Dannenberg AM Jr, Bishai WR
- Issue date: 2000 Feb
- Variation among genome sequences of H37Rv strains of Mycobacterium tuberculosis from multiple laboratories.
- Authors: Ioerger TR, Feng Y, Ganesula K, Chen X, Dobos KM, Fortune S, Jacobs WR Jr, Mizrahi V, Parish T, Rubin E, Sassetti C, Sacchettini JC
- Issue date: 2010 Jul