Nanoroses of nickel oxides: Synthesis, electron tomography study, and application in CO oxidation and energy storage
Baby, Rakhi Raghavan
Cha, Dong Kyu
Hedhili, Mohamed N.
Alshareef, Husam N.
KAUST DepartmentAdvanced Nanofabrication, Imaging and Characterization Core Lab
Functional Nanomaterials and Devices Research Group
Imaging and Characterization Core Lab
KAUST Catalysis Center (KCC)
Material Science and Engineering Program
Physical Science and Engineering (PSE) Division
Online Publication Date2012-04-11
Print Publication Date2012-07
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/562154
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractNickel oxide and mixed-metal oxide structures were fabricated by using microwave irradiation in pure water. The nickel oxide self-assembled into unique rose-shaped nanostructures. These nickel oxide roses were studied by performing electron tomography with virtual cross-sections through the particles to understand their morphology from their interior to their surface. These materials exhibited promising performance as nanocatalysts for CO oxidation and in energy storage devices. Copyright © 2012 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim.
SponsorsWe thank King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) for funding and support.
- Graphene-Encapsulated Nanosheet-Assembled Zinc–Nickel–Cobalt Oxide Microspheres for Enhanced Lithium Storage.
- Authors: Zhang Q, Chen H, Han X, Cai J, Yang Y, Liu M, Zhang K
- Issue date: 2016 Jan
- Direct evidence for the interfacial oxidation of CO with hydroxyls catalyzed by Pt/oxide nanocatalysts.
- Authors: Xu L, Ma Y, Zhang Y, Jiang Z, Huang W
- Issue date: 2009 Nov 18
- Bioinspired peony-like beta-Ni(OH)2 nanostructures with enhanced electrochemical activity and superhydrophobicity.
- Authors: Cao H, Zheng H, Liu K, Warner JH
- Issue date: 2010 Feb 1
- Nano nickel oxide/nickel incorporated nickel composite coating for sensing and estimation of acetylcholine.
- Authors: Shibli SM, Beenakumari KS, Suma ND
- Issue date: 2006 Dec 15
- A bioinspired approach to the synthesis of bimetallic CoNi nanoparticles.
- Authors: Gálvez N, Valero E, Ceolin M, Trasobares S, López-Haro M, Calvino JJ, Domínguez-Vera JM
- Issue date: 2010 Feb 15