Nanoroses of nickel oxides: Synthesis, electron tomography study, and application in CO oxidation and energy storage
Baby, Rakhi Raghavan
Cha, Dong Kyu
Hedhili, Mohamed N.
Alshareef, Husam N.
KAUST DepartmentImaging and Characterization Core Lab
Physical Sciences and Engineering (PSE) Division
KAUST Catalysis Center (KCC)
Advanced Nanofabrication, Imaging and Characterization Core Lab
Materials Science and Engineering Program
Functional Nanomaterials and Devices Research Group
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractNickel oxide and mixed-metal oxide structures were fabricated by using microwave irradiation in pure water. The nickel oxide self-assembled into unique rose-shaped nanostructures. These nickel oxide roses were studied by performing electron tomography with virtual cross-sections through the particles to understand their morphology from their interior to their surface. These materials exhibited promising performance as nanocatalysts for CO oxidation and in energy storage devices. Copyright © 2012 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim.
SponsorsWe thank King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) for funding and support.
- Graphene-Encapsulated Nanosheet-Assembled Zinc–Nickel–Cobalt Oxide Microspheres for Enhanced Lithium Storage.
- Authors: Zhang Q, Chen H, Han X, Cai J, Yang Y, Liu M, Zhang K
- Issue date: 2016 Jan
- Direct evidence for the interfacial oxidation of CO with hydroxyls catalyzed by Pt/oxide nanocatalysts.
- Authors: Xu L, Ma Y, Zhang Y, Jiang Z, Huang W
- Issue date: 2009 Nov 18
- Bioinspired peony-like beta-Ni(OH)2 nanostructures with enhanced electrochemical activity and superhydrophobicity.
- Authors: Cao H, Zheng H, Liu K, Warner JH
- Issue date: 2010 Feb 1
- Hybrid nanostructures for energy storage applications.
- Authors: Mohana Reddy AL, Gowda SR, Shaijumon MM, Ajayan PM
- Issue date: 2012 Sep 25
- Nano nickel oxide/nickel incorporated nickel composite coating for sensing and estimation of acetylcholine.
- Authors: Shibli SM, Beenakumari KS, Suma ND
- Issue date: 2006 Dec 15