Solution-processed small molecule-polymer blend organic thin-film transistors with hole mobility greater than 5 cm 2/Vs
AuthorsSmith, Jeremy N.
Cha, Dong Kyu
Heeney, Martin J.
McCulloch, Iain A.
Anthopoulos, Thomas D.
KAUST DepartmentImaging and Characterization Core Lab
Physical Sciences and Engineering (PSE) Division
KAUST Solar Center (KSC)
Advanced Nanofabrication, Imaging and Characterization Core Lab
Materials Science and Engineering Program
Organic Electronics and Photovoltaics Group
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractUsing phase-separated organic semiconducting blends containing a small molecule, as the hole transporting material, and a conjugated amorphous polymer, as the binder material, we demonstrate solution-processed organic thin-film transistors with superior performance characteristics that include; hole mobility >5 cm 2/Vs, current on/off ratio ≥10 6 and narrow transistor parameter spread. These exceptional characteristics are attributed to the electronic properties of the binder polymer and the advantageous nanomorphology of the blend film. Copyright © 2012 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim.
SponsorsThis work was funded by the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC) grant number EP/E02730X, Research Councils UK (RCUK) and by King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST). We acknowledge use of the D1 beam line at the Cornell High Energy Synchrotron Source supported by the National Science Foundation (NSF DMR-0225180) and NIH-NIGMS. T.D.A. is an EPSRC Advanced Fellow and a RCUK Fellow/Lecturer.
- High-hole-mobility field-effect transistors based on co-benzobisthiadiazole-quaterthiophene.
- Authors: Fan J, Yuen JD, Cui W, Seifter J, Mohebbi AR, Wang M, Zhou H, Heeger A, Wudl F
- Issue date: 2012 Dec 4
- Small Molecule/Polymer Blend Organic Transistors with Hole Mobility Exceeding 13 cm(2) V(-1) s(-1).
- Authors: Paterson AF, Treat ND, Zhang W, Fei Z, Wyatt-Moon G, Faber H, Vourlias G, Patsalas PA, Solomeshch O, Tessler N, Heeney M, Anthopoulos TD
- Issue date: 2016 Sep
- Novel conjugated polymers based on dithieno[3,2-b:6,7-b]carbazole for solution processed thin-film transistors.
- Authors: Chen Y, Liu C, Tian H, Bao C, Zhang X, Yan D, Geng Y, Wang F
- Issue date: 2012 Oct 26
- Air-stable and high-mobility n-channel organic transistors based on small-molecule/polymer semiconducting blends.
- Authors: Zhong H, Smith J, Rossbauer S, White AJ, Anthopoulos TD, Heeney M
- Issue date: 2012 Jun 26
- High-performance ambipolar transistors and inverters from an ultralow bandgap polymer.
- Authors: Fan J, Yuen JD, Wang M, Seifter J, Seo JH, Mohebbi AR, Zakhidov D, Heeger A, Wudl F
- Issue date: 2012 Apr 24