Direct observation of surface reconstruction and termination on a complex metal oxide catalyst by electron microscopy
KAUST DepartmentAdvanced Membranes and Porous Materials Research Center
Advanced Nanofabrication, Imaging and Characterization Core Lab
Biological and Environmental Sciences and Engineering (BESE) Division
Chemical Science Program
Imaging and Characterization Core Lab
Nanostructured Functional Materials (NFM) laboratory
Physical Science and Engineering (PSE) Division
Online Publication Date2012-03-19
Print Publication Date2012-04-23
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/562131
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractOn the surface: The surface reconstruction of an MoVTeO complex metal oxide catalyst was observed directly by various electron microscopic techniques and the results explain the puzzling catalytic behavior. Copyright © 2012 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim.
CitationZhu, Y., Wang, Q., Zhao, L., & Han, Y. (2012). Direct Observation of Surface Reconstruction and Termination on a Complex Metal Oxide Catalyst by Electron Microscopy. Angewandte Chemie International Edition, 51(17), 4176–4180. doi:10.1002/anie.201108532
SponsorsThis research was supported by the baseline research fund from King Abdullah University of Science and Technology.
- Real-space observation of surface termination of a complex metal oxide catalyst.
- Authors: Zhang W, Trunschke A, Schlögl R, Su D
- Issue date: 2010 Aug 16
- Chemical identification of point defects and adsorbates on a metal oxide surface by atomic force microscopy.
- Authors: Lauritsen JV, Foster AS, Olesen GH, Christensen MC, Kühnle A, Helveg S, Rostrup-Nielsen JR, Clausen BS, Reichling M, Besenbacher F
- Issue date: 2006 Jul 28
- Effect of nanosized gold particle addition to supported metal oxide catalyst in methanol oxidation.
- Authors: Kim KJ, You YJ, Chung MC, Kang CS, Chung KH, Jeong WJ, Jeong SW, Ahn HG
- Issue date: 2006 Nov
- Evolution of the surface science of catalysis from single crystals to metal nanoparticles under pressure.
- Authors: Somorjai GA, Park JY
- Issue date: 2008 May 14
- Growth velocity and direct length-sorted growth of short single-walled carbon nanotubes by a metal-catalyst-free chemical vapor deposition process.
- Authors: Liu B, Ren W, Liu C, Sun CH, Gao L, Li S, Jiang C, Cheng HM
- Issue date: 2009 Nov 24