A highly efficient and selective polysilsesquioxane sorbent for heavy metal removal
KAUST DepartmentBiological and Environmental Sciences and Engineering (BESE) Division
Environmental Science and Engineering Program
Water Desalination and Reuse Research Center (WDRC)
Environmental Nanotechnology Lab
KAUST Grant NumberKUS-C1-018-02
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/562101
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractSuited for heavy stuff: An efficient mesoporous sorbent based on a pure ethylendiamine-bridged polysilsesquioxane is presented. This material, with both a high amine loading and a high surface area, is applied for heavy metal ion removal. Copyright © 2012 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim.
SponsorsThis publication was based on work supported by Award No. KUS-C1-018-02, made by King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST). This work made use of the Cornell Center for Materials Research Facilities supported by the National Science Foundation under Award Number DMR-0520404. We appreciate Dr. Michael A. Rutzke from Food Science Department, Cornell University for testing the solution concentration. We thank Kausik Dana and Luis Estevez for discussions.
- Novel recyclable adsorbent for the removal of copper(II) and lead(II) from aqueous solution.
- Authors: Niu Y, Li K, Ying D, Wang Y, Jia J
- Issue date: 2017 Apr
- Development of a novel biochar/PSF mixed matrix membrane and study of key parameters in treatment of copper and lead contaminated water.
- Authors: He J, Song Y, Chen JP
- Issue date: 2017 Nov
- A study on removal characteristics of heavy metals from aqueous solution by fly ash.
- Authors: Cho H, Oh D, Kim K
- Issue date: 2005 Dec 9
- Highly effective removal of heavy metals by polymer-based zirconium phosphate: a case study of lead ion.
- Authors: Pan BC, Zhang QR, Zhang WM, Pan BJ, Du W, Lv L, Zhang QJ, Xu ZW, Zhang QX
- Issue date: 2007 Jun 1
- Heavy metal removal from aqueous solution by Pseudevernia furfuracea (L.) Zopf.
- Authors: Ates A, Yildiz A, Yildiz N, Calimli A
- Issue date: 2007 May-Jun