SNP calling using genotype model selection on high-throughput sequencing data
KAUST DepartmentBiological and Environmental Sciences and Engineering (BESE) Division
Center for Desert Agriculture
Desert Agriculture Initiative
Office of the VP
Online Publication Date2012-01-16
Print Publication Date2012-03-01
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/562059
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractMotivation: A review of the available single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) calling procedures for Illumina high-throughput sequencing (HTS) platform data reveals that most rely mainly on base-calling and mapping qualities as sources of error when calling SNPs. Thus, errors not involved in base-calling or alignment, such as those in genomic sample preparation, are not accounted for.Results: A novel method of consensus and SNP calling, Genotype Model Selection (GeMS), is given which accounts for the errors that occur during the preparation of the genomic sample. Simulations and real data analyses indicate that GeMS has the best performance balance of sensitivity and positive predictive value among the tested SNP callers. © The Author 2012. Published by Oxford University Press. All rights reserved.
CitationYou, N., Murillo, G., Su, X., Zeng, X., Xu, J., Ning, K., … Cui, X. (2012). SNP calling using genotype model selection on high-throughput sequencing data. Bioinformatics, 28(5), 643–650. doi:10.1093/bioinformatics/bts001
SponsorsNational Science Foundation (DBI0646024 to X.C. and N.Y.); National Institutes of Health (R01GM070795 to J.Z. and S.Z.); National Natural Science Foundation of China (30870572 to X.S., X.Z., J.X. and K.N.).
PublisherOxford University Press (OUP)
PubMed Central IDPMC3338331
- MultiGeMS: detection of SNVs from multiple samples using model selection on high-throughput sequencing data.
- Authors: Murillo GH, You N, Su X, Cui W, Reilly MP, Li M, Ning K, Cui X
- Issue date: 2016 May 15
- TotalReCaller: improved accuracy and performance via integrated alignment and base-calling.
- Authors: Menges F, Narzisi G, Mishra B
- Issue date: 2011 Sep 1
- Generation of SNP datasets for orangutan population genomics using improved reduced-representation sequencing and direct comparisons of SNP calling algorithms.
- Authors: Greminger MP, Stölting KN, Nater A, Goossens B, Arora N, Bruggmann R, Patrignani A, Nussberger B, Sharma R, Kraus RH, Ambu LN, Singleton I, Chikhi L, van Schaik CP, Krützen M
- Issue date: 2014 Jan 10
- PhredEM: a phred-score-informed genotype-calling approach for next-generation sequencing studies.
- Authors: Liao P, Satten GA, Hu YJ
- Issue date: 2017 Jul
- An empirical Bayes method for genotyping and SNP detection using multi-sample next-generation sequencing data.
- Authors: Huang G, Wang S, Wang X, You N
- Issue date: 2016 Nov 1