The unique rht-MOF platform, ideal for pinpointing the functionalization and CO 2 adsorption relationship
Eubank, Jarrod F.
KAUST DepartmentAdvanced Membranes and Porous Materials Research Center
Biological and Environmental Sciences and Engineering (BESE) Division
Chemical Science Program
Functional Materials Design, Discovery and Development (FMD3)
Numerical Porous Media SRI Center (NumPor)
Physical Sciences and Engineering (PSE) Division
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/562036
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe uniqueness of the rht-MOF platform, based on the singular (3,24)-connected net, allows for the facile design and synthesis of functionalized materials for desired applications. Here we designed a nitrogen-rich trefoil hexacarboxylate (trigonal tri-isophthalate) ligand, which serves to act as the trigonal molecular building block while concurrently coding the formation of the targeted truncated cuboctahedral supermolecular building block (in situ), and enhancing the CO 2 uptake in the resultant rht-MOF. © 2012 The Royal Society of Chemistry.
SponsorsThe authors gratefully acknowledge KAUST funds.
PublisherRoyal Society of Chemistry (RSC)
- Tunable rare-earth fcu-MOFs: a platform for systematic enhancement of CO2 adsorption energetics and uptake.
- Authors: Xue DX, Cairns AJ, Belmabkhout Y, Wojtas L, Liu Y, Alkordi MH, Eddaoudi M
- Issue date: 2013 May 22
- High and selective CO2 capture by two mesoporous acylamide-functionalized rht-type metal-organic frameworks.
- Authors: Zheng B, Yang Z, Bai J, Li Y, Li S
- Issue date: 2012 Jul 18
- Enhancement of CO2 selectivity in a pillared pcu MOM platform through pillar substitution.
- Authors: Nugent P, Rhodus V, Pham T, Tudor B, Forrest K, Wojtas L, Space B, Zaworotko M
- Issue date: 2013 Feb 25
- Remarkable CO2/CH4 selectivity and CO2 adsorption capacity exhibited by polyamine-decorated metal-organic framework adsorbents.
- Authors: Yan Q, Lin Y, Kong C, Chen L
- Issue date: 2013 Aug 7
- Design and preparation of a core-shell metal-organic framework for selective CO2 capture.
- Authors: Li T, Sullivan JE, Rosi NL
- Issue date: 2013 Jul 10