Successful implementation of the stepwise layer-by-layer growth of MOF thin films on confined surfaces: Mesoporous silica foam as a first case study
Giannelis, Emmanuel P.
KAUST DepartmentAdvanced Membranes and Porous Materials Research Center
Physical Sciences and Engineering (PSE) Division
Chemical Science Program
Functional Materials Design, Discovery and Development (FMD3)
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractHere we report the successful growth of highly crystalline homogeneous MOF thin films of HKUST-1 and ZIF-8 on mesoporous silica foam, by employing a layer-by-layer (LBL) method. The ability to control and direct the growth of MOF thin films on confined surfaces, using the stepwise LBL method, paves the way for new prospective applications of such hybrid systems. © 2012 The Royal Society of Chemistry.
PublisherRoyal Society of Chemistry (RSC)
- Thin films of metal-organic frameworks.
- Authors: Zacher D, Shekhah O, Wöll C, Fischer RA
- Issue date: 2009 May
- Layer-by-layer fabrication of oriented porous thin films based on porphyrin-containing metal-organic frameworks.
- Authors: So MC, Jin S, Son HJ, Wiederrecht GP, Farha OK, Hupp JT
- Issue date: 2013 Oct 23
- (110)-oriented ZIF-8 thin films on ITO with controllable thickness.
- Authors: Hou C, Xu Q, Peng J, Ji Z, Hu X
- Issue date: 2013 Jan 14
- Direct Observation of the Outermost Surfaces of Mesoporous Silica Thin Films by High Resolution Ultralow Voltage Scanning Electron Microscopy.
- Authors: Kobayashi M, Susuki K, Otsuji H, Sakuda Y, Asahina S, Kikuchi N, Kanazawa T, Kuroda Y, Wada H, Shimojima A, Kuroda K
- Issue date: 2017 Mar 7
- Advanced Fabrication Method for the Preparation of MOF Thin Films: Liquid-Phase Epitaxy Approach Meets Spin Coating Method.
- Authors: Chernikova V, Shekhah O, Eddaoudi M
- Issue date: 2016 Aug 10