Double shock dynamics induced by the saturation of defocusing nonlinearities
KAUST DepartmentApplied Mathematics and Computational Science Program
Computer, Electrical and Mathematical Sciences and Engineering (CEMSE) Division
Electrical Engineering Program
Physical Sciences and Engineering (PSE) Division
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/561986
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractWe show that the saturation of defocusing nonlinearities leads to qualitative changes in the onset of wave breaking, determining double shock formation whose regularization occurs in terms of antidark solitons. In a given material, the crossover between different regimes can be controlled by changing the input intensity. © 2012 Optical Society of America.
PublisherThe Optical Society
- Two-dimensional dispersive shock waves in dissipative optical media.
- Authors: Kartashov YV, Kamchatnov AM
- Issue date: 2013 Mar 1
- Self-trapping and splitting of bright vector solitons under inhomogeneous defocusing nonlinearities.
- Authors: Kartashov YV, Vysloukh VA, Torner L, Malomed BA
- Issue date: 2011 Dec 1
- Solitons supported by spatially inhomogeneous nonlinear losses.
- Authors: Borovkova OV, Kartashov YV, Vysloukh VA, Lobanov VE, Malomed BA, Torner L
- Issue date: 2012 Jan 30
- Stable bright and vortex solitons in photonic crystal fibers with inhomogeneous defocusing nonlinearity.
- Authors: Lobanov VE, Borovkova OV, Kartashov YV, Malomed BA, Torner L
- Issue date: 2012 Jun 1
- Competing nonlinearities in quadratic nonlinear waveguide arrays.
- Authors: Setzpfandt F, Neshev DN, Schiek R, Lederer F, Tünnermann A, Pertsch T
- Issue date: 2009 Nov 15