A well-defined mesoporous amine silica surface via a selective treatment of SBA-15 with ammonia
KAUST DepartmentChemical Science Program
KAUST Catalysis Center (KCC)
Physical Science and Engineering (PSE) Division
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/561974
MetadataShow full item record
Abstract2D double-quantum 1H- 1H NMR unambiguously shows that the "isolated" Si-OH surface silanols of dehydroxylated SBA-15 are converted upon treatment with ammonia into single silylamine surface site Si-NH 2. The "gem" di-silanols (Si(OH) 2) remain intact. Treatment using HMDS produces (Si(OSiMe 3) 2) but leaves Si-NH 2 untouched. The resulting surface is hydrophobic and stable. © The Royal Society of Chemistry 2012.
PublisherRoyal Society of Chemistry (RSC)
- Bipodal surface organometallic complexes with surface N-donor ligands and application to the catalytic cleavage of C-H and C-C bonds in n-butane.
- Authors: Bendjeriou-Sedjerari A, Azzi JM, Abou-Hamad E, Anjum DH, Pasha FA, Huang KW, Emsley L, Basset JM
- Issue date: 2013 Nov 27
- Well-defined surface imido amido tantalum(v) species from ammonia and silica-supported tantalum hydrides.
- Authors: Avenier P, Lesage A, Taoufik M, Baudouin A, Mallmann AD, Fiddy S, Vautier M, Veyre L, Basset JM, Emsley L, Quadrelli EA
- Issue date: 2007 Jan 10
- Tungsten(VI) Carbyne/Bis(carbene) Tautomerization Enabled by N-Donor SBA15 Surface Ligands: A Solid-State NMR and DFT Study.
- Authors: Bendjeriou-Sedjerari A, Sofack-Kreutzer J, Minenkov Y, Abou-Hamad E, Hamzaoui B, Werghi B, Anjum DH, Cavallo L, Huang KW, Basset JM
- Issue date: 2016 Sep 5
- NMR provides checklist of generic properties for atomic-scale models of periodic mesoporous silicas.
- Authors: Shenderovich IG, Mauder D, Akcakayiran D, Buntkowsky G, Limbach HH, Findenegg GH
- Issue date: 2007 Oct 25
- Carboxylic groups in mesoporous silica and ethane-bridged organosilica: effect of the surface on the reactivity.
- Authors: Fiorilli S, Camarota B, Garrone E, Onida B
- Issue date: 2011 Jan 21