Reflection and transmission of normally incident full-vector X waves on planar interfaces
KAUST DepartmentPhysical Sciences and Engineering (PSE) Division
Computer, Electrical and Mathematical Sciences and Engineering (CEMSE) Division
Electrical Engineering Program
Computational Electromagnetics Laboratory
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/561962
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe reflection and transmission of full-vector X waves normally incident on planar half-spaces and slabs are studied. For this purpose, X waves are expanded in terms of weighted vector Bessel beams; this new decomposition and reconstruction method offers a more lucid and intuitive interpretation of the physical phenomena observed upon the reflection or transmission of X waves when compared to the conventional plane-wave decomposition technique. Using the Bessel beam expansion approach, we have characterized changes in the field shape and the intensity distribution of the transmitted and reflected full-vector X waves. We have also identified a novel longitudinal shift, which is observed when a full-vector X wave is transmitted through a dielectric slab under frustrated total reflection condition. The results of our studies presented here are valuable in understanding the behavior of full-vector X waves when they are utilized in practical applications in electromagnetics, optics, and photonics, such as trap and tweezer setups, optical lithography, and immaterial probing. © 2011 Optical Society of America.
PublisherThe Optical Society
- Behavior of obliquely incident vector Bessel beams at planar interfaces.
- Authors: Salem MA, Bağcı H
- Issue date: 2013 Jun 1
- Deformations of circularly polarized Bessel vortex beam reflected and transmitted by a uniaxial anisotropic slab.
- Authors: Li H, Liu J, Bai L, Wu Z
- Issue date: 2018 Sep 1
- Superluminal advanced transmission of X waves undergoing frustrated total internal reflection: the evanescent fields and the Goos-Hänchen effect.
- Authors: Shaarawi AM, Tawfik BH, Besieris IM
- Issue date: 2002 Oct
- Total transmission of incident plane waves that satisfy the Brewster conditions at a free-space-chiral interface.
- Authors: Bahar E
- Issue date: 2010 Sep 1
- Multiple-scattering theory for out-of-plane propagation of elastic waves in two-dimensional phononic crystals.
- Authors: Mei J, Liu Z, Qiu C
- Issue date: 2005 Jun 29