Anthracene-fused BODIPYs as near-infrared dyes with high photostability
KAUST DepartmentBiological and Environmental Sciences and Engineering (BESE) Division
KAUST Catalysis Center (KCC)
Chemical Science Program
Physical Sciences and Engineering (PSE) Division
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractAn anthracene unit was successfully fused to the zigzag edge of a boron dipyrromethene (BODIPY) core by an FeCl 3-mediated oxidative cyclodehydrogenation reaction. Meanwhile, a dimer was also formed by both intramolecular cyclization and intermolecular coupling. The anthracene-fused BODIPY monomer 7a and dimer 7b showed small energy gaps (∼1.4 eV) and near-infrared absorption/emission. Moreover, they exhibited high photostability. © 2011 American Chemical Society.
SponsorsJ.W. acknowledges financial support from the Singapore DSTA DIRP Project (DSTANUS-DIRP/2008/03), an NRF Competitive Research Program (R-143-000-360-281), and an A*Star BMRC grant (no. 10/1/21/19/642). K.-W.H. acknowledges financial support from KAUST.
PublisherAmerican Chemical Society (ACS)
- Conformationally restricted aza-BODIPY: highly fluorescent, stable near-infrared absorbing dyes.
- Authors: Zhao W, Carreira EM
- Issue date: 2006 Sep 18
- Bis-anthracene fused porphyrins: synthesis, crystal structure, and near-IR absorption.
- Authors: Davis NK, Thompson AL, Anderson HL
- Issue date: 2010 May 7
- Red/near-infrared boron-dipyrromethene dyes as strongly emitting fluorophores.
- Authors: Descalzo AB, Xu HJ, Shen Z, Rurack K
- Issue date: 2008
- Synthesis, photophysical, electrochemical, and electrogenerated chemiluminescence studies. Multiple sequential electron transfers in BODIPY monomers, dimers, trimers, and polymer.
- Authors: Nepomnyashchii AB, Bröring M, Ahrens J, Bard AJ
- Issue date: 2011 Jun 8
- Synthesis and functionalization of asymmetrical benzo-fused BODIPY dyes.
- Authors: Jiao L, Yu C, Liu M, Wu Y, Cong K, Meng T, Wang Y, Hao E
- Issue date: 2010 Sep 3