Fibrous nano-silica (KCC-1)-supported palladium catalyst: Suzuki coupling reactions under sustainable conditions
KAUST DepartmentBiological and Environmental Sciences and Engineering (BESE) Division
Chemical Science Program
Imaging and Characterization Core Lab
KAUST Catalysis Center (KCC)
Physical Science and Engineering (PSE) Division
Online Publication Date2011-11-15
Print Publication Date2012-01-09
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/561922
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractNoble amines recycled: Fibrous high-surface-area nano-silica functionalized with aminopropyl groups and loaded with well-dispersed Pd nanoparticles is evaluated for the Suzuki coupling of aromatic halides. It is active for the reaction of a range of aryl bromides and iodides as well as chlorides with aryl boronic acids in good to excellent yields. The catalyst can be recovered and reused for a number of cycles with negligible loss in activity. Copyright © 2012 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim.
CitationFihri, A., Cha, D., Bouhrara, M., Almana, N., & Polshettiwar, V. (2011). Fibrous Nano-Silica (KCC-1)-Supported Palladium Catalyst: Suzuki Coupling Reactions Under Sustainable Conditions. ChemSusChem, 5(1), 85–89. doi:10.1002/cssc.201100379
SponsorsWe thank the King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) for financial and logistic support. Thanks are also due to Prof. Jean-Marie Basset, Director of the KAUST Catalysis Center (KCC), for his encouragement and support.
- Suzuki-Miyaura cross-coupling reactions in aqueous media: green and sustainable syntheses of biaryls.
- Authors: Polshettiwar V, Decottignies A, Len C, Fihri A
- Issue date: 2010 May 25
- A water-compatible, highly active and reusable PEG-coated mesoporous silica-supported palladium complex and its application in Suzuki coupling reactions.
- Authors: Yang Q, Ma S, Li J, Xiao F, Xiong H
- Issue date: 2006 Jun 21
- Sustainable green catalysis by supported metal nanoparticles.
- Authors: Fukuoka A, Dhepe PL
- Issue date: 2009
- Suzuki-Miyaura cross-coupling coupling reactions with low catalyst loading: a green and sustainable protocol in pure water.
- Authors: Fihri A, Luart D, Len C, Solhy A, Chevrin C, Polshettiwar V
- Issue date: 2011 Apr 7
- Self-assembly of palladium nanoparticles on periodic mesoporous organosilica using an in situ reduction approach: catalysts for ullmann reactions in water.
- Authors: Zhang F, Yin J, Chai W, Li H
- Issue date: 2010 Jun 21