KAUST DepartmentComputational Physics and Materials Science (CPMS)
Material Science and Engineering Program
Physical Science and Engineering (PSE) Division
Online Publication Date2011-11-10
Print Publication Date2011-11-30
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/561918
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractDensity functional theory, the free-electron empty lattice approximation and the nearly free-electron approximation are employed to investigate the electronic properties of partially covalent α-Ga. Whereas free-electron-like properties are revealed over a large energy range, a deep pseudogap at the Fermi level is characteristic of α-Ga. We explain the origin of the pseudogap in terms of a delicate interplay between the electronic states and the specific Brillouin zone geometry. © 2011 IOP Publishing Ltd.
CitationZhu, Z. Y., Cheng, Y. C., & Schwingenschlögl, U. (2011). The origin of the pseudogap in α-Ga. Journal of Physics: Condensed Matter, 23(47), 475502. doi:10.1088/0953-8984/23/47/475502
- Fermi surface-Brillouin-zone-induced pseudogap in γ-Mg17Al12 and a possible stabilization mechanism of β-Al3Mg2.
- Authors: Mizutani U, Kondo Y, Nishino Y, Inukai M, Feuerbacher M, Sato H
- Issue date: 2010 Dec 8
- Pseudogap Control of Physical and Chemical Properties in CeFeSi-Type Intermetallics.
- Authors: Wu J, Lu E, Li J, Lu Y, Kitano M, Fredrickson DC, Inoshita T, Hosono H
- Issue date: 2019 Feb 18
- Stabilization mechanism of γ-Mg₁₇Al₁₂ and β-Mg₂Al₃ complex metallic alloys.
- Authors: Vrtnik S, Jazbec S, Jagodič M, Korelec A, Hosnar L, Jagličić Z, Jeglič P, Feuerbacher M, Mizutani U, Dolinšek J
- Issue date: 2013 Oct 23
- Defusing Complexity in Intermetallics: How Covalently Shared Electron Pairs Stabilize the FCC Variant Mo2Cu(x)Ga(6-x) (x ≈ 0.9).
- Authors: Kilduff BJ, Yannello VJ, Fredrickson DC
- Issue date: 2015 Aug 17
- The electronic structure of liquid water within density-functional theory.
- Authors: Prendergast D, Grossman JC, Galli G
- Issue date: 2005 Jul 1