Soluble and stable heptazethrenebis(dicarboximide) with a singlet open-shell ground state
KAUST DepartmentBiological and Environmental Sciences and Engineering (BESE) Division
Chemical Science Program
Homogeneous Catalysis Laboratory (HCL)
KAUST Catalysis Center (KCC)
Physical Science and Engineering (PSE) Division
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/561840
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA soluble and stable heptazethrene derivative was synthesized and characterized for the first time. This molecule exhibits a singlet biradical character in the ground state, which is the first case among zethrene homologue series. Exceptional stability of this heptazethrenebis(dicarboximide) raises the likelihood of its practical applications in materials science. © 2011 American Chemical Society.
CitationSun, Z., Huang, K.-W., & Wu, J. (2011). Soluble and Stable Heptazethrenebis(dicarboximide) with a Singlet Open-Shell Ground State. Journal of the American Chemical Society, 133(31), 11896–11899. doi:10.1021/ja204501m
SponsorsJ.W. acknowledges the financial support from NUS Young Investigator Award (R-143-000-356-101), NRF Competitive Research Program (R-143-000-360-281), and A*Star BMRC-NMRC Joint Grant (10/1/21/19/642). K-W.H. acknowledges the financial support from KAUST. We thank Professor Richard D. Webster for the ESR measurement and Professor Yuan-Chung Cheng, Dr. Bei Zhang Professor Xixiang Zhang, and Dr. D. J. Fox for useful discussions.
PublisherAmerican Chemical Society (ACS)
- Kinetically blocked stable heptazethrene and octazethrene: closed-shell or open-shell in the ground state?
- Authors: Li Y, Heng WK, Lee BS, Aratani N, Zafra JL, Bao N, Lee R, Sung YM, Sun Z, Huang KW, Webster RD, López Navarrete JT, Kim D, Osuka A, Casado J, Ding J, Wu J
- Issue date: 2012 Sep 12
- One-pot synthesis of stable NIR tetracene diimides via double cross-coupling.
- Authors: Yue W, Gao J, Li Y, Jiang W, Di Motta S, Negri F, Wang Z
- Issue date: 2011 Nov 16
- Open-shell singlet character of stable derivatives of nonacene, hexacene and teranthene.
- Authors: Gao X, Hodgson JL, Jiang DE, Zhang SB, Nagase S, Miller GP, Chen Z
- Issue date: 2011 Jul 1
- 7,14-Diaryl-substituted zethrene diimides as stable far-red dyes with tunable photophysical properties.
- Authors: Sun Z, Wu J
- Issue date: 2013 Sep 20
- The frontiers of quinoidal stability in long oligothiophenes: Raman spectra of dicationic polaron pairs.
- Authors: González SR, Ie Y, Aso Y, López Navarrete JT, Casado J
- Issue date: 2011 Oct 19