Perylene anhydride fused porphyrins as near-infrared sensitizers for dye-sensitized solar cells
KAUST DepartmentBiological and Environmental Sciences and Engineering (BESE) Division
KAUST Catalysis Center (KCC)
Chemical Science Program
Physical Sciences and Engineering (PSE) Division
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/561819
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractTwo perylene anhydride fused porphyrins 1 and 2 have been synthesized and employed successfully in dye-sensitized solar cells (DSCs). Both compounds showed broad incident monochromatic photon-to-current conversion efficiency spectra covering the entire visible spectral region and even extending into the near-infrared (NIR) region up to 1000 nm, which is impressive for ruthenium-free dyes in DSCs. © 2011 American Chemical Society.
SponsorsJ.W. acknowledges financial support from Singapore DSTA DIRP Project (DSTA-NUS-DIRP/2008/03), NRF Competitive Research Program (R-143-000-360-281), NUS Young Investigator Award (R-143-000-356-101), A*Star BMRC-NMRC joint grant (no. 10/1/21/19/642), and IMRE Core Funding (IMRE/10-1P0509). K.-W.H. acknowledges the financial support from KAUST.
PublisherAmerican Chemical Society (ACS)
- Large pi-aromatic molecules as potential sensitizers for highly efficient dye-sensitized solar cells.
- Authors: Imahori H, Umeyama T, Ito S
- Issue date: 2009 Nov 17
- Synthesis of perylene dyes with multiple triphenylamine substituents.
- Authors: Keerthi A, Liu Y, Wang Q, Valiyaveettil S
- Issue date: 2012 Sep 10
- High Stokes shift perylene dyes for luminescent solar concentrators.
- Authors: Sanguineti A, Sassi M, Turrisi R, Ruffo R, Vaccaro G, Meinardi F, Beverina L
- Issue date: 2013 Feb 25
- Zinc porphyrins with a pyridine-ring-anchoring group for dye-sensitized solar cells.
- Authors: Lu J, Xu X, Li Z, Cao K, Cui J, Zhang Y, Shen Y, Li Y, Zhu J, Dai S, Chen W, Cheng Y, Wang M
- Issue date: 2013 May
- Near-infrared sensitization in dye-sensitized solar cells.
- Authors: Park J, Viscardi G, Barolo C, Barbero N
- Issue date: 2013