Perylene anhydride fused porphyrins as near-infrared sensitizers for dye-sensitized solar cells
KAUST DepartmentBiological and Environmental Sciences and Engineering (BESE) Division
Chemical Science Program
Homogeneous Catalysis Laboratory (HCL)
KAUST Catalysis Center (KCC)
Physical Science and Engineering (PSE) Division
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/561819
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractTwo perylene anhydride fused porphyrins 1 and 2 have been synthesized and employed successfully in dye-sensitized solar cells (DSCs). Both compounds showed broad incident monochromatic photon-to-current conversion efficiency spectra covering the entire visible spectral region and even extending into the near-infrared (NIR) region up to 1000 nm, which is impressive for ruthenium-free dyes in DSCs. © 2011 American Chemical Society.
CitationJiao, C., Zu, N., Huang, K.-W., Wang, P., & Wu, J. (2011). Perylene Anhydride Fused Porphyrins as Near-Infrared Sensitizers for Dye-Sensitized Solar Cells. Organic Letters, 13(14), 3652–3655. doi:10.1021/ol201303h
SponsorsJ.W. acknowledges financial support from Singapore DSTA DIRP Project (DSTA-NUS-DIRP/2008/03), NRF Competitive Research Program (R-143-000-360-281), NUS Young Investigator Award (R-143-000-356-101), A*Star BMRC-NMRC joint grant (no. 10/1/21/19/642), and IMRE Core Funding (IMRE/10-1P0509). K.-W.H. acknowledges the financial support from KAUST.
PublisherAmerican Chemical Society (ACS)
- Large pi-aromatic molecules as potential sensitizers for highly efficient dye-sensitized solar cells.
- Authors: Imahori H, Umeyama T, Ito S
- Issue date: 2009 Nov 17
- Synthesis of perylene dyes with multiple triphenylamine substituents.
- Authors: Keerthi A, Liu Y, Wang Q, Valiyaveettil S
- Issue date: 2012 Sep 10
- High Stokes shift perylene dyes for luminescent solar concentrators.
- Authors: Sanguineti A, Sassi M, Turrisi R, Ruffo R, Vaccaro G, Meinardi F, Beverina L
- Issue date: 2013 Feb 25
- Zinc porphyrins with a pyridine-ring-anchoring group for dye-sensitized solar cells.
- Authors: Lu J, Xu X, Li Z, Cao K, Cui J, Zhang Y, Shen Y, Li Y, Zhu J, Dai S, Chen W, Cheng Y, Wang M
- Issue date: 2013 May
- Near-infrared sensitization in dye-sensitized solar cells.
- Authors: Park J, Viscardi G, Barolo C, Barbero N
- Issue date: 2013