Label-free, electrochemical detection of methicillin-resistant staphylococcus aureus DNA with reduced graphene oxide-modified electrodes
Liedberg, Bo Gunnar
KAUST DepartmentBiological and Environmental Sciences and Engineering (BESE) Division
Physical Sciences and Engineering (PSE) Division
Chemical Science Program
Advanced Membranes and Porous Materials Research Center
Nanostructured Functional Materials (NFM) laboratory
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractReduced graphene oxide (rGO)-modified glassy carbon electrode is used to detect the methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) DNA by using electrochemical impedance spectroscopy. Our experiments confirm that ssDNA, before and after hybridization with target DNA, are successfully anchored on the rGO surface. After the probe DNA, pre-adsorbed on rGO electrode, hybridizes with target DNA, the measured impedance increases dramatically. It provides a new method to detect DNA with high sensitivity (10-13M, i.e., 100 fM) and selectivity. © 2011 Elsevier B.V.
SponsorsThis work was supported by the AcRF Tier 2 (ARC 10/10, no. MOE2010-T2-1-060) from MOE, POC (S08/1-82563404) from EDB, CRP (NRF-CRP2-2007-01) from NRF, an A*STAR SERC Grant (no. 092 101 0064) from A*STAR,New Initiative Fund FY 2010 (M58120031) from NTU, and the Centre for Biomimetic Sensor Science at NTU in Singapore. P.C. thanks the financial support from A*STAR SERC (grant no. 072 101 0020) in Singapore. B.L. also acknowledges support from the Swedish Research Council and the NanoSence program the Foundation for Strategic Research.
JournalBiosensors and Bioelectronics
- Comparison of impedimetric detection of DNA hybridization on the various biosensors based on modified glassy carbon electrodes with PANHS and nanomaterials of RGO and MWCNTs.
- Authors: Benvidi A, Tezerjani MD, Jahanbani S, Mazloum Ardakani M, Moshtaghioun SM
- Issue date: 2016 Jan 15
- Simple and label-free electrochemical impedance Amelogenin gene hybridization biosensing based on reduced graphene oxide.
- Authors: Benvidi A, Rajabzadeh N, Mazloum-Ardakani M, Heidari MM, Mulchandani A
- Issue date: 2014 Aug 15
- Ultrasensitive DNA sensor based on gold nanoparticles/reduced graphene oxide/glassy carbon electrode.
- Authors: Benvidi A, Firouzabadi AD, Moshtaghiun SM, Mazloum-Ardakani M, Tezerjani MD
- Issue date: 2015 Sep 1
- Detection of Aeromonas hydrophila DNA oligonucleotide sequence using a biosensor design based on Ceria nanoparticles decorated reduced graphene oxide and Fast Fourier transform square wave voltammetry.
- Authors: Jafari S, Faridbod F, Norouzi P, Dezfuli AS, Ajloo D, Mohammadipanah F, Ganjali MR
- Issue date: 2015 Oct 1
- A Graphene Oxide-Based Sensing Platform for the Determination of Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus aureus Based on Strand-Displacement Polymerization Recycling and Synchronous Fluorescent Signal Amplification.
- Authors: Ning Y, Gao Q, Zhang X, Wei K, Chen L
- Issue date: 2016 Sep