Acetic acid-confined synthesis of uniform three-dimensional (3D) bismuth telluride nanocrystals consisting of few-quintuple-layer nanoplatelets
KAUST DepartmentIntegrated Nanotechnology Lab
Physical Sciences and Engineering (PSE) Division
Computer, Electrical and Mathematical Sciences and Engineering (CEMSE) Division
Electrical Engineering Program
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractHigh-selectivity, uniform three-dimensional (3D) flower-like bismuth telluride (Bi2Te3) nanocrystals consisting of few-quintuple-layer nanoplatelets with a thickness down to 4.5 nm were synthesized for the first time by a facile, one-pot polyol method with acetic acid as the structure-director. Micrometre-sized 2D films and honeycomb-like spheres can be obtained using the uniform 3D Bi2Te3 nanocrystals as building blocks. © The Royal Society of Chemistry 2011.
SponsorsThis work is supported by the funds from Global Collaborative Research, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) under Special Academic Partner (SAP) and Academic Excellence Award (AEA) grants. We also appreciate the useful discussion with Prof. Hua Chun Zen of National University Singapore about this work.
PublisherRoyal Society of Chemistry (RSC)
- Exfoliation and characterization of bismuth telluride atomic quintuples and quasi-two-dimensional crystals.
- Authors: Teweldebrhan D, Goyal V, Balandin AA
- Issue date: 2010 Apr 14
- Raman spectroscopy of few-quintuple layer topological insulator Bi2Se3 nanoplatelets.
- Authors: Zhang J, Peng Z, Soni A, Zhao Y, Xiong Y, Peng B, Wang J, Dresselhaus MS, Xiong Q
- Issue date: 2011 Jun 8
- Dual-functional aniline-assisted wet-chemical synthesis of bismuth telluride nanoplatelets and their thermoelectric performance.
- Authors: Li C, Kong F, Liu C, Liu H, Hu Y, Wang T, Xu J, Jiang F
- Issue date: 2017 Jun 9
- Bismuth telluride hexagonal nanoplatelets and their two-step epitaxial growth.
- Authors: Lu W, Ding Y, Chen Y, Wang ZL, Fang J
- Issue date: 2005 Jul 20
- Colloidal chemical synthesis and formation kinetics of uniformly sized nanocrystals of metals, oxides, and chalcogenides.
- Authors: Kwon SG, Hyeon T
- Issue date: 2008 Dec