Sharp separation of C2/C3 hydrocarbon mixtures by zeolitic imidazolate framework-8 (ZIF-8) membranes synthesized in aqueous solutions
KAUST DepartmentAdvanced Membranes and Porous Materials Research Center
Physical Sciences and Engineering (PSE) Division
Chemical and Biological Engineering Program
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/561660
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractExceptional high quality ZIF-8 membranes prepared through a novel seeded growth method in aqueous solutions at near room temperature exhibit excellent separation performance for C2/C3 hydrocarbon mixtures. The separation factors for mixtures of ethane/propane, ethylene/propylene and ethylene/propane are ∼80, ∼10 and ∼167, respectively. © 2011 The Royal Society of Chemistry.
SponsorsThis work was supported by the faculty distribution fund from King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST).
PublisherRoyal Society of Chemistry (RSC)
- Synthesis of zeolitic imidazolate framework films and membranes with controlled microstructures.
- Authors: McCarthy MC, Varela-Guerrero V, Barnett GV, Jeong HK
- Issue date: 2010 Sep 21
- High-Flux Zeolitic Imidazolate Framework Membranes for Propylene/Propane Separation by Postsynthetic Linker Exchange.
- Authors: Lee MJ, Kwon HT, Jeong HK
- Issue date: 2018 Jan 2
- Ethene/ethane and propene/propane separation via the olefin and paraffin selective metal-organic framework adsorbents CPO-27 and ZIF-8.
- Authors: Böhme U, Barth B, Paula C, Kuhnt A, Schwieger W, Mundstock A, Caro J, Hartmann M
- Issue date: 2013 Jul 9
- Adsorptive Separation of Olefin/Paraffin Mixtures with ZIF-4.
- Authors: Hartmann M, Böhme U, Hovestadt M, Paula C
- Issue date: 2015 Nov 17
- High-throughput synthesis of zeolitic imidazolate frameworks and application to CO2 capture.
- Authors: Banerjee R, Phan A, Wang B, Knobler C, Furukawa H, O'Keeffe M, Yaghi OM
- Issue date: 2008 Feb 15