Sharp separation of C2/C3 hydrocarbon mixtures by zeolitic imidazolate framework-8 (ZIF-8) membranes synthesized in aqueous solutions
KAUST DepartmentAdvanced Membranes and Porous Materials Research Center
Biological and Environmental Sciences and Engineering (BESE) Division
Chemical Engineering Program
Physical Science and Engineering (PSE) Division
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/561660
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractExceptional high quality ZIF-8 membranes prepared through a novel seeded growth method in aqueous solutions at near room temperature exhibit excellent separation performance for C2/C3 hydrocarbon mixtures. The separation factors for mixtures of ethane/propane, ethylene/propylene and ethylene/propane are ∼80, ∼10 and ∼167, respectively. © 2011 The Royal Society of Chemistry.
CitationPan, Y., & Lai, Z. (2011). Sharp separation of C2/C3 hydrocarbon mixtures by zeolitic imidazolate framework-8 (ZIF-8) membranes synthesized in aqueous solutions. Chemical Communications, 47(37), 10275. doi:10.1039/c1cc14051e
SponsorsThis work was supported by the faculty distribution fund from King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST).
PublisherRoyal Society of Chemistry (RSC)
- Synthesis of zeolitic imidazolate framework films and membranes with controlled microstructures.
- Authors: McCarthy MC, Varela-Guerrero V, Barnett GV, Jeong HK
- Issue date: 2010 Sep 21
- High-Flux Zeolitic Imidazolate Framework Membranes for Propylene/Propane Separation by Postsynthetic Linker Exchange.
- Authors: Lee MJ, Kwon HT, Jeong HK
- Issue date: 2018 Jan 2
- Ethene/ethane and propene/propane separation via the olefin and paraffin selective metal-organic framework adsorbents CPO-27 and ZIF-8.
- Authors: Böhme U, Barth B, Paula C, Kuhnt A, Schwieger W, Mundstock A, Caro J, Hartmann M
- Issue date: 2013 Jul 9
- Adsorptive Separation of Olefin/Paraffin Mixtures with ZIF-4.
- Authors: Hartmann M, Böhme U, Hovestadt M, Paula C
- Issue date: 2015 Nov 17
- High-throughput synthesis of zeolitic imidazolate frameworks and application to CO2 capture.
- Authors: Banerjee R, Phan A, Wang B, Knobler C, Furukawa H, O'Keeffe M, Yaghi OM
- Issue date: 2008 Feb 15