Suzuki-Miyaura cross-coupling coupling reactions with low catalyst loading: A green and sustainable protocol in pure water
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe Suzuki-Miyaura coupling reaction represents one of the most important synthetic transformations developed in the 20th century. However, the use of toxic organic solvents remains a scientific challenge and an aspect of economical and ecological relevance, and benign water as a reaction medium was found to be highly effective to overcome some of these issues. In the present manuscript, we described Suzuki-Miyaura coupling reactions in neat water, without using any phase transfer reagent. Notably, this protocol also works with ultra-low loading of catalyst with high turnover numbers and also able to couple challenging substrates like aryl chlorides. © 2011 The Royal Society of Chemistry.
SponsorsThe authors acknowledge Ayoub Hassine for experimental work during his Master's training and the Region Picardie for their financial support.
PublisherRoyal Society of Chemistry (RSC)
- Suzuki-Miyaura cross-coupling reactions in aqueous media: green and sustainable syntheses of biaryls.
- Authors: Polshettiwar V, Decottignies A, Len C, Fihri A
- Issue date: 2010 May 25
- A highly active catalytic system for Suzuki-Miyaura cross-coupling reactions of aryl and heteroaryl chlorides in water.
- Authors: Mao SL, Sun Y, Yu GA, Zhao C, Han ZJ, Yuan J, Zhu X, Yang Q, Liu SH
- Issue date: 2012 Dec 21
- Highly efficient palladium precatalysts of homoscorpionate bispyrazolyl ligands for the more challenging Suzuki-Miyaura cross-coupling of aryl chlorides.
- Authors: John A, Shaikh MM, Butcher RJ, Ghosh P
- Issue date: 2010 Aug 21
- Efficient Suzuki-Miyaura coupling of (hetero)aryl chlorides with thiophene- and furanboronic acids in aqueous n-butanol.
- Authors: Fleckenstein CA, Plenio H
- Issue date: 2008 Apr 18
- "Homeopathic" palladium nanoparticle catalysis of cross carbon-carbon coupling reactions.
- Authors: Deraedt C, Astruc D
- Issue date: 2014 Feb 18