Suzuki-Miyaura cross-coupling coupling reactions with low catalyst loading: A green and sustainable protocol in pure water
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/561649
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe Suzuki-Miyaura coupling reaction represents one of the most important synthetic transformations developed in the 20th century. However, the use of toxic organic solvents remains a scientific challenge and an aspect of economical and ecological relevance, and benign water as a reaction medium was found to be highly effective to overcome some of these issues. In the present manuscript, we described Suzuki-Miyaura coupling reactions in neat water, without using any phase transfer reagent. Notably, this protocol also works with ultra-low loading of catalyst with high turnover numbers and also able to couple challenging substrates like aryl chlorides. © 2011 The Royal Society of Chemistry.
CitationFihri, A., Luart, D., Len, C., Solhy, A., Chevrin, C., & Polshettiwar, V. (2011). Suzuki–Miyaura cross-coupling coupling reactions with low catalyst loading: a green and sustainable protocol in pure water. Dalton Transactions, 40(13), 3116. doi:10.1039/c0dt01637c
SponsorsThe authors acknowledge Ayoub Hassine for experimental work during his Master's training and the Region Picardie for their financial support.
PublisherRoyal Society of Chemistry (RSC)
- Suzuki-Miyaura cross-coupling reactions in aqueous media: green and sustainable syntheses of biaryls.
- Authors: Polshettiwar V, Decottignies A, Len C, Fihri A
- Issue date: 2010 May 25
- A highly active catalytic system for Suzuki-Miyaura cross-coupling reactions of aryl and heteroaryl chlorides in water.
- Authors: Mao SL, Sun Y, Yu GA, Zhao C, Han ZJ, Yuan J, Zhu X, Yang Q, Liu SH
- Issue date: 2012 Dec 21
- Highly efficient palladium precatalysts of homoscorpionate bispyrazolyl ligands for the more challenging Suzuki-Miyaura cross-coupling of aryl chlorides.
- Authors: John A, Shaikh MM, Butcher RJ, Ghosh P
- Issue date: 2010 Aug 21
- Efficient Suzuki-Miyaura coupling of (hetero)aryl chlorides with thiophene- and furanboronic acids in aqueous n-butanol.
- Authors: Fleckenstein CA, Plenio H
- Issue date: 2008 Apr 18
- "Homeopathic" palladium nanoparticle catalysis of cross carbon-carbon coupling reactions.
- Authors: Deraedt C, Astruc D
- Issue date: 2014 Feb 18