Chloride ion-catalyzed generation of difluorocarbene for efficient preparation of gem-difluorinated cyclopropenes and cyclopropanes
KAUST DepartmentBiological and Environmental Sciences and Engineering (BESE) Division
Chemical Science Program
Homogeneous Catalysis Laboratory (HCL)
KAUST Catalysis Center (KCC)
Physical Science and Engineering (PSE) Division
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/561646
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA chloride ion-catalyzed generation of difluorocarbene from a relatively non-toxic and inexpensive precursor, Me3SiCF2Cl (1), under mild and neutral conditions leads to an efficient preparation of gem-difluorocyclopropenes and difluorocyclopropanes through [2 + 1] cycloaddition reactions with alkynes and alkenes, respectively. © 2011 The Royal Society of Chemistry.
CitationWang, F., Zhang, W., Zhu, J., Li, H., Huang, K.-W., & Hu, J. (2011). Chloride ion-catalyzed generation of difluorocarbene for efficient preparation of gem-difluorinated cyclopropenes and cyclopropanes. Chem. Commun., 47(8), 2411–2413. doi:10.1039/c0cc04548a
SponsorsThis work was supported by CAS and NFSC (20772144, 20825209, 20832008) to J.H. and by a KAUST baseline funding to K.-W.H.
PublisherRoyal Society of Chemistry (RSC)
- Iron-catalyzed preparation of trifluoromethyl substituted vinyl- and alkynylcyclopropanes.
- Authors: Morandi B, Cheang J, Carreira EM
- Issue date: 2011 Jun 17
- Boron-substituted difluorocyclopropanes: new building blocks of gem-difluorocyclopropanes.
- Authors: Fujioka Y, Amii H
- Issue date: 2008 Mar 6
- Gold(I)-catalyzed intermolecular cyclopropanation of enynes with alkenes: trapping of two different gold carbenes.
- Authors: López S, Herrero-Gómez E, Pérez-Galán P, Nieto-Oberhuber C, Echavarren AM
- Issue date: 2006 Sep 11
- One-step synthesis of highly functionalized monofluorinated cyclopropanes from electron-deficient alkenes.
- Authors: Ivashkin P, Couve-Bonnaire S, Jubault P, Pannecoucke X
- Issue date: 2012 May 4
- Rhodium-catalyzed intramolecular [3+2+2] cycloadditions between alkylidenecyclopropanes, alkynes, and alkenes.
- Authors: Araya M, Gulías M, Fernández I, Bhargava G, Castedo L, Mascareñas JL, López F
- Issue date: 2014 Aug 11