Rapid synthesis of zeolitic imidazolate framework-8 (ZIF-8) nanocrystals in an aqueous system
KAUST DepartmentAdvanced Membranes and Porous Materials Research Center
Physical Sciences and Engineering (PSE) Division
Chemical and Biological Engineering Program
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractWe report here the first example of ZIF materials synthesized in aqueous solution. The synthesis was performed at room temperature and typically took several minutes compared to hours and days in non-aqueous conditions. The obtained product were ZIF-8 nanocrystals having size of ∼85 nm and showed excellent thermal, hydrothermal and solvothermal stabilities. © 2011 The Royal Society of Chemistry.
SponsorsWe acknowledge Dr Hua Tan and Dr Bei Zhang from KAUST core facilities for the measurements of N<INF>2</INF> adsorption and in situ XRD, respectively. This work was supported by the faculty distribution fund from King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST).
PublisherRoyal Society of Chemistry (RSC)
- Rapid room temperature syntheses of zeolitic-imidazolate framework (ZIF) nanocrystals.
- Authors: Tu M, Wiktor C, Rösler C, Fischer RA
- Issue date: 2014 Nov 11
- Synthesis of zeolitic imidazolate framework films and membranes with controlled microstructures.
- Authors: McCarthy MC, Varela-Guerrero V, Barnett GV, Jeong HK
- Issue date: 2010 Sep 21
- Influence of the solvent in the synthesis of zeolitic imidazolate framework-8 (ZIF-8) nanocrystals at room temperature.
- Authors: Bustamante EL, Fernández JL, Zamaro JM
- Issue date: 2014 Jun 15
- Layer-by-layer aqueous rapid synthesis of ZIF-8 films on a reactive surface.
- Authors: Kida K, Fujita K, Shimada T, Tanaka S, Miyake Y
- Issue date: 2013 Aug 21
- High-throughput synthesis of zeolitic imidazolate frameworks and application to CO2 capture.
- Authors: Banerjee R, Phan A, Wang B, Knobler C, Furukawa H, O'Keeffe M, Yaghi OM
- Issue date: 2008 Feb 15