The importance of the on-site electron-electron interaction for the magnetic coupling in the zigzag spin-chain compound In2VO5
KAUST DepartmentPhysical Sciences and Engineering (PSE) Division
Materials Science and Engineering Program
Computational Physics and Materials Science (CPMS)
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractWe present first-principles electronic structure calculations for the zigzag spin-chain compound In2VO5 using the generalized gradient approximation both with and without inclusion of an on-site Coulomb interaction. It has been proposed that In2VO5 is characterized by itinerant V 3d electrons at high temperature and localized electrons at low temperature. Consequently, it is to be expected that electronic correlations play an important role for the magnetic transition from ferromagnetic to antiferromagnetic exchange around 120 K. In this context, we study the electronic and magnetic properties of a set of possible spin configurations. Our calculations show that inclusion of an on-site Coulomb interaction in fact changes the ground state from ferromagnetic to antiferromagnetic. © 2010 IOP Publishing Ltd.
- Electronic structure of linear thiophenolate-bridged heteronuclear complexes [LFeMFeL](n)(+) (M = Cr, Co, Fe; n = 1-3): a combination of kinetic exchange interaction and electron delocalization.
- Authors: Chibotaru LF, Girerd JJ, Blondin G, Glaser T, Wieghardt K
- Issue date: 2003 Oct 15
- Oxidation state dependence of the geometry, electronic structure, and magnetic coupling in mixed oxo- and carboxylato-bridged manganese dimers.
- Authors: Delfs CD, Stranger R
- Issue date: 2001 Jun 18
- Structural, electronic and magnetic properties of V(2)O(5-x): An ab initio study.
- Authors: Xiao ZR, Guo GY
- Issue date: 2009 Jun 7
- Theoretical study on spin alignments in ferromagnetic heterospin chains with competing exchange interactions: a generalized ferrimagnetic system containing organic biradicals in the singlet ground state.
- Authors: Maekawa K, Shiomi D, Ise T, Sato K, Takui T
- Issue date: 2005 May 19
- First-principles investigation of the structural, magnetic and electronic properties of perovskite SrRu(1-x)Mn(x)O(3).
- Authors: Wang L, Hua L, Chen LF
- Issue date: 2009 Dec 2