N-annulated perylene fused porphyrins with enhanced near-IR absorption and emission
KAUST DepartmentBiological and Environmental Sciences and Engineering (BESE) Division
KAUST Catalysis Center (KCC)
Chemical Science Program
Physical Sciences and Engineering (PSE) Division
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractN-Annulated perylene fused porphyrins 1 and 2 were synthesized by oxidative dehydrogenation using a Sc(OTf)3/DDQ system. These newly synthesized hybrid molecules are highly soluble in organic solvents and exhibit remarkably intense near-IR absorption, as well as detectable photoluminescence quantum yields, all of which are comparable to or even exceed those of either meso-β doubly linked porphyrin dimer/trimer or bis/tri-N-annulated rylenes. © 2010 American Chemical Society.
SponsorsThis work was financially supported by Singapore DSTA DIRP Project (DSTA-NUS-DIRP/2008/03), the NRF Competitive Research Program (R-143-000-360-281), and NUS Young Investigator Award (R-143-000-356-101) to J.W. and a KAUST baseline funding to K.-W.H.
PublisherAmerican Chemical Society (ACS)
- Doubly and triply linked porphyrin-perylene monoimides as near IR dyes with large dipole moments and high photostability.
- Authors: Jiao C, Huang KW, Chi C, Wu J
- Issue date: 2011 Jan 21
- Bis-anthracene fused porphyrins: synthesis, crystal structure, and near-IR absorption.
- Authors: Davis NK, Thompson AL, Anderson HL
- Issue date: 2010 May 7
- Perylene anhydride fused porphyrins as near-infrared sensitizers for dye-sensitized solar cells.
- Authors: Jiao C, Zu N, Huang KW, Wang P, Wu J
- Issue date: 2011 Jul 15
- Distinct photophysical and electronic characteristics of strongly coupled dyads containing a perylene accessory pigment and a porphyrin, chlorin, or bacteriochlorin.
- Authors: Wang J, Yang E, Diers JR, Niedzwiedzki DM, Kirmaier C, Bocian DF, Lindsey JS, Holten D
- Issue date: 2013 Aug 8
- Porphyrins fused with unactivated polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons.
- Authors: Diev VV, Schlenker CW, Hanson K, Zhong Q, Zimmerman JD, Forrest SR, Thompson ME
- Issue date: 2012 Jan 6