N-annulated perylene fused porphyrins with enhanced near-IR absorption and emission
KAUST DepartmentBiological and Environmental Sciences and Engineering (BESE) Division
Chemical Science Program
Homogeneous Catalysis Laboratory (HCL)
KAUST Catalysis Center (KCC)
Physical Science and Engineering (PSE) Division
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/561523
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractN-Annulated perylene fused porphyrins 1 and 2 were synthesized by oxidative dehydrogenation using a Sc(OTf)3/DDQ system. These newly synthesized hybrid molecules are highly soluble in organic solvents and exhibit remarkably intense near-IR absorption, as well as detectable photoluminescence quantum yields, all of which are comparable to or even exceed those of either meso-β doubly linked porphyrin dimer/trimer or bis/tri-N-annulated rylenes. © 2010 American Chemical Society.
CitationJiao, C., Huang, K.-W., Guan, Z., Xu, Q.-H., & Wu, J. (2010). N-Annulated Perylene Fused Porphyrins with Enhanced Near-IR Absorption and Emission. Organic Letters, 12(18), 4046–4049. doi:10.1021/ol1016383
SponsorsThis work was financially supported by Singapore DSTA DIRP Project (DSTA-NUS-DIRP/2008/03), the NRF Competitive Research Program (R-143-000-360-281), and NUS Young Investigator Award (R-143-000-356-101) to J.W. and a KAUST baseline funding to K.-W.H.
PublisherAmerican Chemical Society (ACS)
- Doubly and triply linked porphyrin-perylene monoimides as near IR dyes with large dipole moments and high photostability.
- Authors: Jiao C, Huang KW, Chi C, Wu J
- Issue date: 2011 Jan 21
- Bis-anthracene fused porphyrins: synthesis, crystal structure, and near-IR absorption.
- Authors: Davis NK, Thompson AL, Anderson HL
- Issue date: 2010 May 7
- Perylene anhydride fused porphyrins as near-infrared sensitizers for dye-sensitized solar cells.
- Authors: Jiao C, Zu N, Huang KW, Wang P, Wu J
- Issue date: 2011 Jul 15
- Porphyrins fused with unactivated polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons.
- Authors: Diev VV, Schlenker CW, Hanson K, Zhong Q, Zimmerman JD, Forrest SR, Thompson ME
- Issue date: 2012 Jan 6
- Perylene-fused BODIPY dye with near-IR absorption/emission and high photostability.
- Authors: Jiao C, Huang KW, Wu J
- Issue date: 2011 Feb 18