AuthorsAmbrogio, Michael W.
Pecorelli, Travis A.
Patel, Kaushik I.
Khashab, Niveen M.
Khatib, Hussam A.
Botros, Youssry Y.
Zink, Jeffrey I.
Stoddart, Fraser Fraser Raser
KAUST DepartmentAdvanced Membranes and Porous Materials Research Center
Biological and Environmental Sciences and Engineering (BESE) Division
Chemical Science Program
Physical Science and Engineering (PSE) Division
Smart Hybrid Materials (SHMs) lab
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/561502
MetadataShow full item record
Abstract(Equation Presented). An approach to the design and fabrication of mechanized mesoporous silica nanoparticles is demonstrated at the proof of principle level. It relies on the reductive cleavage of disulfide bonds within an integrated nanosystem, wherein surface-bound rotaxanes incorporate disulfide bonds in their stalks,-which are encircled by cucurbituril or α-cyclodextrin rings, until reductive chemistry is performed, resulting in the snapping of the stalks of the rotaxanes, leading to cargo release from the inside of the nanoparticles. © 2010 American Chemical Society.
CitationAmbrogio, M. W., Pecorelli, T. A., Patel, K., Khashab, N. M., Trabolsi, A., Khatib, H. A., … Stoddart, J. F. (2010). Snap-Top Nanocarriers. Organic Letters, 12(15), 3304–3307. doi:10.1021/ol101286a
PublisherAmerican Chemical Society (ACS)
- Mechanized silica nanoparticles based on reversible bistable pseudorotaxanes as supramolecular nanovalves for multistage pH-controlled release.
- Authors: Wang M, Chen T, Ding C, Fu J
- Issue date: 2014 May 21
- Cucurbituril pseudorotaxane-based photoresponsive supramolecular nanovalve.
- Authors: Sun YL, Yang BJ, Zhang SX, Yang YW
- Issue date: 2012 Jul 23
- Enzyme-inspired controlled release of cucurbituril nanovalves by using magnetic mesoporous silica.
- Authors: Liu J, Du X, Zhang X
- Issue date: 2011 Jan 17
- Nanovalve-controlled cargo release activated by plasmonic heating.
- Authors: Croissant J, Zink JI
- Issue date: 2012 May 9
- pH-responsive mechanised nanoparticles gated by semirotaxanes.
- Authors: Khashab NM, Belowich ME, Trabolsi A, Friedman DC, Valente C, Lau Y, Khatib HA, Zink JI, Stoddart JF
- Issue date: 2009 Sep 28