Recent progress in biomedical applications of magnetic nanoparticles
KAUST DepartmentPhysical Sciences and Engineering (PSE) Division
Computer, Electrical and Mathematical Sciences and Engineering (CEMSE) Division
Electrical Engineering Program
Sensing, Magnetism and Microsystems Lab
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/561481
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractMagnetic nanoparticles have been proposed for biomedical applications for several years. Various research groups worldwide have focused on improving their synthesis, their characterization techniques and the specific tailoring of their properties. Yet, it is the recent, impressive advances in nanotechnology and biotechnology which caused the breakthrough in their successful application in biomedicine. This paper aims at reviewing some current biomedical applications of magnetic nanoparticles as well as some recent patents in this field. Special emphasis is placed on i) hyperthermia, ii) therapeutics iii) diagnostics. Future prospects are also discussed. © 2010 Bentham Science Publishers Ltd.
PublisherBentham Science Publishers Ltd.
JournalRecent Patents on Nanotechnology
- Magnetic iron oxide nanoparticles for tumor-targeted therapy.
- Authors: Chen B, Wu W, Wang X
- Issue date: 2011 Feb
- Impact of magnetic nanoparticles in biomedical applications.
- Authors: Naqvi S, Samim M, Dinda AK, Iqbal Z, Telagoanker S, Ahmed FJ, Maitra A
- Issue date: 2009 Jun
- Monodisperse magnetic nanoparticles for biodetection, imaging, and drug delivery: a versatile and evolving technology.
- Authors: Dave SR, Gao X
- Issue date: 2009 Nov-Dec
- Magnetic Nanoparticles: Properties, Synthesis and Biomedical Applications.
- Authors: Khan S, Rizvi SM, Ahmad V, Baig MH, Kamal MA, Ahmad S, Rai M, Zafar Iqbal AN, Mushtaq G, Khan MS
- Issue date: 2015
- Targeted magnetic hyperthermia.
- Authors: Stone R, Willi T, Rosen Y, Mefford OT, Alexis F
- Issue date: 2011 Jun