Ssecrett and neuroTrace: Interactive visualization and analysis tools for large-scale neuroscience data sets
Vázquez Reina, Amelio
Reid, Rollie Clay
Lichtman, Jeff W M D
KAUST DepartmentComputer, Electrical and Mathematical Sciences and Engineering (CEMSE) Division
Computer Science Program
Visual Computing Center (VCC)
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/561469
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractRecent advances in optical and electron microscopy let scientists acquire extremely high-resolution images for neuroscience research. Data sets imaged with modern electron microscopes can range between tens of terabytes to about one petabyte. These large data sizes and the high complexity of the underlying neural structures make it very challenging to handle the data at reasonably interactive rates. To provide neuroscientists flexible, interactive tools, the authors introduce Ssecrett and NeuroTrace, two tools they designed for interactive exploration and analysis of large-scale optical- and electron-microscopy images to reconstruct complex neural circuits of the mammalian nervous system. © 2010 IEEE.
PubMed Central IDPMC2909612
- Scalable and interactive segmentation and visualization of neural processes in EM datasets.
- Authors: Jeong WK, Beyer J, Hadwiger M, Vazquez A, Pfister H, Whitaker RT
- Issue date: 2009 Nov-Dec
- MindSeer: a portable and extensible tool for visualization of structural and functional neuroimaging data.
- Authors: Moore EB, Poliakov AV, Lincoln P, Brinkley JF
- Issue date: 2007 Oct 15
- Automated image computing reshapes computational neuroscience.
- Authors: Peng H, Roysam B, Ascoli GA
- Issue date: 2013 Oct 4
- NeuroBlocks--Visual Tracking of Segmentation and Proofreading for Large Connectomics Projects.
- Authors: Ai-Awami AK, Beyer J, Haehn D, Kasthuri N, Lichtman JW, Pfister H, Hadwiger M
- Issue date: 2016 Jan
- BrainView: a computer program for reconstruction and interactive visualization of 3D data sets.
- Authors: Lohmann K, Gundelfinger ED, Scheich H, Grimm R, Tischmeyer W, Richter K, Hess A
- Issue date: 1998 Oct 1