Insights on Capacitive Interdigitated Electrodes Coated with MOF Thin Films: Humidity and VOCs Sensing as a Case Study
Salama, Khaled N.
KAUST DepartmentAdvanced Membranes and Porous Materials Research Center
Chemical Science Program
Computer, Electrical and Mathematical Sciences and Engineering (CEMSE) Division
Electrical Engineering Program
Physical Sciences and Engineering (PSE) Division
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/561185
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA prototypical metal-organic framework (MOF), a 2D periodic porous structure based on the assembly of copper ions and benzene dicarboxylate (bdc) ligands (Cu(bdc)·xH2O), was grown successfully as a thin film on interdigitated electrodes (IDEs). IDEs have been used for achieving planar CMOS-compatible low-cost capacitive sensing structures for the detection of humidity and volatile organic compounds (VOCs). Accordingly, the resultant IDEs coated with the Cu(bdc)·xH2O thin film was evaluated, for the first time, as a capacitive sensor for gas sensing applications. A fully automated setup, using LabVIEW interfaces to experiment conduction and data acquisition, was developed in order to measure the associated gas sensing performance.
CitationInsights on Capacitive Interdigitated Electrodes Coated with MOF Thin Films: Humidity and VOCs Sensing as a Case Study 2015, 15 (8):18153 Sensors
- MOFs for the Sensitive Detection of Ammonia: Deployment of fcu-MOF Thin Films as Effective Chemical Capacitive Sensors.
- Authors: Assen AH, Yassine O, Shekhah O, Eddaoudi M, Salama KN
- Issue date: 2017 Sep 22
- H<sub>2</sub> S Sensors: Fumarate-Based fcu-MOF Thin Film Grown on a Capacitive Interdigitated Electrode.
- Authors: Yassine O, Shekhah O, Assen AH, Belmabkhout Y, Salama KN, Eddaoudi M
- Issue date: 2016 Dec 19
- Detection of volatile organic compounds by weight-detectable sensors coated with metal-organic frameworks.
- Authors: Yamagiwa H, Sato S, Fukawa T, Ikehara T, Maeda R, Mihara T, Kimura M
- Issue date: 2014 Sep 1
- Hybrid Photonic Cavity with Metal-Organic Framework Coatings for the Ultra-Sensitive Detection of Volatile Organic Compounds with High Immunity to Humidity.
- Authors: Tao J, Wang X, Sun T, Cai H, Wang Y, Lin T, Fu D, Ting LL, Gu Y, Zhao D
- Issue date: 2017 Jan 31
- Sensitive and Reversible Detection of Methanol and Water Vapor by In Situ Electrochemically Grown CuBTC MOFs on Interdigitated Electrodes.
- Authors: Sachdeva S, Venkatesh MR, Mansouri BE, Wei J, Bossche A, Kapteijn F, Zhang GQ, Gascon J, de Smet LCPM, Sudhölter EJR
- Issue date: 2017 Aug