Sutherland, Brandon R
Sellan, Daniel P.
Sargent, Edward H.
KAUST DepartmentKAUST Catalysis Center (KCC)
KAUST Solar Center (KSC)
Materials Science and Engineering Program
Physical Sciences and Engineering (PSE) Division
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/561064
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractOrganometallic trihalide perovskites are solution processed semiconductors that have made great strides in third generation thin film light harvesting and light emitting optoelectronic devices. Recently it has been demonstrated that large, high purity single crystals of these perovskites can be synthesized from the solution phase. These crystals’ large dimensions, clean bandgap, and solid-state order, have provided us with a suitable medium to observe and quantify two-photon absorption in perovskites. When CH3NH3PbBr3 single crystals are pumped with intense 800 nm light, we observe band-to-band photoluminescence at 572 nm, indicative of two-photon absorption. We report the nonlinear absorption coefficient of CH3NH3PbBr3 perovskites to be 8.6 cm GW-1 at 800 nm, comparable to epitaxial single crystal semiconductors of similar bandgap. We have leveraged this nonlinear process to electrically autocorrelate a 100 fs pulsed laser using a two-photon perovskite photodetector. This work demonstrates the viability of organometallic trihalide perovskites as a convenient and low-cost nonlinear absorber for applications in ultrafast photonics.
CitationTwo-Photon Absorption in Organometallic Bromide Perovskites 2015:150721165420006 ACS Nano
PublisherAmerican Chemical Society (ACS)
- Room temperature three-photon pumped CH<sub>3</sub>NH<sub>3</sub>PbBr<sub>3</sub> perovskite microlasers.
- Authors: Gao Y, Wang S, Huang C, Yi N, Wang K, Xiao S, Song Q
- Issue date: 2017 Mar 28
- Nonlinear Absorption and Low-Threshold Multiphoton Pumped Stimulated Emission from All-Inorganic Perovskite Nanocrystals.
- Authors: Wang Y, Li X, Zhao X, Xiao L, Zeng H, Sun H
- Issue date: 2016 Jan 13
- Consolidation of the optoelectronic properties of CH<sub>3</sub>NH<sub>3</sub>PbBr<sub>3</sub> perovskite single crystals.
- Authors: Wenger B, Nayak PK, Wen X, Kesava SV, Noel NK, Snaith HJ
- Issue date: 2017 Sep 19
- Blue-Green Color Tunable Solution Processable Organolead Chloride-Bromide Mixed Halide Perovskites for Optoelectronic Applications.
- Authors: Sadhanala A, Ahmad S, Zhao B, Giesbrecht N, Pearce PM, Deschler F, Hoye RL, Gödel KC, Bein T, Docampo P, Dutton SE, De Volder MF, Friend RH
- Issue date: 2015 Sep 9
- Two-Dimensional CH<sub>3</sub>NH<sub>3</sub>PbI<sub>3</sub> Perovskite Nanosheets for Ultrafast Pulsed Fiber Lasers.
- Authors: Li P, Chen Y, Yang T, Wang Z, Lin H, Xu Y, Li L, Mu H, Shivananju BN, Zhang Y, Zhang Q, Pan A, Li S, Tang D, Jia B, Zhang H, Bao Q
- Issue date: 2017 Apr 12