KAUST DepartmentKAUST Solar Center (KSC)
Physical Sciences and Engineering (PSE) Division
KAUST Catalysis Center (KCC)
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/559580
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe properties of Ag nanoclusters are not as well understood as those of their more precious Au cousins. However, a recent surge in the exploration of strategies to tune the physicochemical characteristics of Ag clusters addresses this imbalance, leading to new insights into their optical, luminescence, crystal habit, metal-core, ligand-shell and environmental properties. In this Perspective, we provide an overview of the latest strategies along with a brief introduction of the theoretical framework necessary to understand the properties of silver nanoclusters and the basis for their tuning. The advances in cluster research and the future prospects presented in this Perspective will eventually guide the next large systematic study of nanoclusters, resulting in a single collection of data similar to the periodic table of elements.
CitationTuning Properties in Silver Clusters 2015:150709080724007 The Journal of Physical Chemistry Letters
PublisherAmerican Chemical Society (ACS)
- Engineering ultrasmall water-soluble gold and silver nanoclusters for biomedical applications.
- Authors: Luo Z, Zheng K, Xie J
- Issue date: 2014 May 25
- Size tunable Au@Ag core-shell nanoparticles: synthesis and surface-enhanced Raman scattering properties.
- Authors: Samal AK, Polavarapu L, Rodal-Cedeira S, Liz-Marzán LM, Pérez-Juste J, Pastoriza-Santos I
- Issue date: 2013 Dec 3
- Special and general superatoms.
- Authors: Luo Z, Castleman AW
- Issue date: 2014 Oct 21
- Sub-nanometre sized metal clusters: from synthetic challenges to the unique property discoveries.
- Authors: Lu Y, Chen W
- Issue date: 2012 May 7
- Electronic transfer as a route to increase the chemical stability in gold and silver core-shell nanoparticles.
- Authors: Mott DM, Anh DT, Singh P, Shankar C, Maenosono S
- Issue date: 2012 Dec 1