Analysis and Ranking of Protein-Protein Docking Models Using Inter-Residue Contacts and Inter-Molecular Contact Maps
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractIn view of the increasing interest both in inhibitors of protein-protein interactions and in protein drugs themselves, analysis of the three-dimensional structure of protein-protein complexes is assuming greater relevance in drug design. In the many cases where an experimental structure is not available, protein-protein docking becomes the method of choice for predicting the arrangement of the complex. However, reliably scoring protein-protein docking poses is still an unsolved problem. As a consequence, the screening of many docking models is usually required in the analysis step, to possibly single out the correct ones. Here, making use of exemplary cases, we review our recently introduced methods for the analysis of protein complex structures and for the scoring of protein docking poses, based on the use of inter-residue contacts and their visualization in inter-molecular contact maps. We also show that the ensemble of tools we developed can be used in the context of rational drug design targeting protein-protein interactions.
CitationAnalysis and Ranking of Protein-Protein Docking Models Using Inter-Residue Contacts and Inter-Molecular Contact Maps 2015, 20 (7):12045 Molecules
- Ranking multiple docking solutions based on the conservation of inter-residue contacts.
- Authors: Oliva R, Vangone A, Cavallo L
- Issue date: 2013 Sep
- Using a consensus approach based on the conservation of inter-residue contacts to rank CAPRI models.
- Authors: Vangone A, Cavallo L, Oliva R
- Issue date: 2013 Dec
- Introducing a Clustering Step in a Consensus Approach for the Scoring of Protein-Protein Docking Models.
- Authors: Chermak E, De Donato R, Lensink MF, Petta A, Serra L, Scarano V, Cavallo L, Oliva R
- Issue date: 2016
- CONS-COCOMAPS: a novel tool to measure and visualize the conservation of inter-residue contacts in multiple docking solutions.
- Authors: Vangone A, Oliva R, Cavallo L
- Issue date: 2012 Mar 28
- CONSRANK: a server for the analysis, comparison and ranking of docking models based on inter-residue contacts.
- Authors: Chermak E, Petta A, Serra L, Vangone A, Scarano V, Cavallo L, Oliva R
- Issue date: 2015 May 1