KAUST DepartmentPhysical Science and Engineering (PSE) Division
Online Publication Date2015-05-27
Print Publication Date2015-09
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/556941
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractWe report a first-principle study on electronic structure and simulation of the spin-polarized scanning tunneling microscopy graphic of a benzene/Fe4N interface. Fe4N is a compound ferromagnet suitable for many spintronic applications. We found that, depending on the particular termination schemes and interface configurations, the spin polarization on the benzene surface shows a rich variety of properties ranging from cosine-type oscillation to polarization inversion. Spin-polarization inversion above benzene is resulting from the hybridizations between C pz and the out-of-plane d orbitals of Fe atom.
CitationSpin Polarization Inversion at Benzene-Absorbed Fe4N Surface 2015, 5:10602 Scientific Reports
PubMed Central IDPMC4445049
- Perpendicular Magnetic Anisotropy Preserved by Orbital Oscillation in Strained Tetragonal Fe<sub>4</sub>N/BiFeO<sub>3</sub> Bilayers.
- Authors: Yin L, Wang X, Mi W
- Issue date: 2017 May 10
- Design of the local spin polarization at the organic-ferromagnetic interface.
- Authors: Atodiresei N, Brede J, Lazić P, Caciuc V, Hoffmann G, Wiesendanger R, Blügel S
- Issue date: 2010 Aug 6
- Spin polarization and magnetic characteristics at C<sub>6</sub>H<sub>6</sub>/Co<sub>2</sub>MnSi(001) spinterface.
- Authors: Sun M, Wang X, Mi W
- Issue date: 2017 Sep 21
- Large magnetoresistance through a single molecule due to a spin-split hybridized orbital.
- Authors: Kawahara SL, Lagoute J, Repain V, Chacon C, Girard Y, Rousset S, Smogunov A, Barreteau C
- Issue date: 2012 Sep 12
- Inversion of Spin Signal and Spin Filtering in Ferromagnet|Hexagonal Boron Nitride-Graphene van der Waals Heterostructures.
- Authors: Kamalakar MV, Dankert A, Kelly PJ, Dash SP
- Issue date: 2016 Feb 17