Proteomics of Important Food Crops in the Asia Oceania Region: Current Status and Future Perspectives
Salekdeh, Ghasem Hosseini
Chin, Chiew Foan
Gehring, Christoph A
Haynes, Paul A.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractIn the rapidly growing economies of Asia and Oceania, food security has become a primary concern. With the rising population, growing more food at affordable prices is becoming even more important. In addition, the predicted climate change will lead to drastic changes in global surface temperature and changes in rainfall patterns that in turn would pose a serious threat to plant vegetation worldwide. As a result, understanding how plants will survive in a changing climate will be increasingly important. Such challenges require integrated approaches to increase agricultural production and cope with environmental threats. Proteomics can play a role in unravel the underlying mechanisms for food production to address the growing demand for food. In this review, the current status of food crop proteomics is discussed, especially in regards to the Asia and Oceania regions. Furthermore, the future perspective in relation to proteomic techniques for the important food crops is highlighted.
CitationProteomics of Important Food Crops in the Asia Oceania Region: Current Status and Future Perspectives 2015:150602112414007 Journal of Proteome Research
PublisherAmerican Chemical Society (ACS)
JournalJournal of Proteome Research
- Proteomics techniques for the development of flood tolerant crops.
- Authors: Komatsu S, Hiraga S, Yanagawa Y
- Issue date: 2012 Jan 1
- Elucidation of salt stress defense and tolerance mechanisms of crop plants using proteomics--current achievements and perspectives.
- Authors: Barkla BJ, Castellanos-Cervantes T, de León JL, Matros A, Mock HP, Perez-Alfocea F, Salekdeh GH, Witzel K, Zörb C
- Issue date: 2013 Jun
- Proteomics dissection of plant responses to mineral nutrient deficiency.
- Authors: Liang C, Tian J, Liao H
- Issue date: 2013 Feb
- Promoting agriculture proteome research activities in the Asia and Oceania region.
- Authors: Komatsu S, Haynes PA, Salekdeh GH
- Issue date: 2012 Mar 2
- Proteomics of phosphate use and deprivation in plants.
- Authors: Alexova R, Millar AH
- Issue date: 2013 Feb