Polymorphisms in Isoniazid and Prothionamide Resistance Genes of the Mycobacterium tuberculosis Complex
KAUST DepartmentComputational Bioscience Research Center (CBRC)
Online Publication Date2011-06-27
Print Publication Date2011-09
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/554098
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractSequence analyses of 74 strains that encompassed major phylogenetic lineages of the Mycobacterium tuberculosis complex revealed 10 polymorphisms in mshA (Rv0486) and four polymorphisms in inhA (Rv1484) that were not responsible for isoniazid or prothionamide resistance. Instead, some of these mutations were phylogenetically informative. This genetic diversity must be taken into consideration for drug development and for the design of molecular tests for drug resistance.
CitationPolymorphisms in Isoniazid and Prothionamide Resistance Genes of the Mycobacterium tuberculosis Complex 2011, 55 (9):4408 Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy
PublisherAmerican Society for Microbiology
PubMed Central IDPMC3165319
- Detection of novel mutations associated with independent resistance and cross-resistance to isoniazid and prothionamide in Mycobacterium tuberculosis clinical isolates.
- Authors: Islam MM, Tan Y, Hameed HMA, Liu Z, Chhotaray C, Liu Y, Lu Z, Cai X, Tang Y, Gao Y, Surineni G, Li X, Tan S, Guo L, Cai X, Yew WW, Liu J, Zhong N, Zhang T
- Issue date: 2019 Aug
- Contribution of dfrA and inhA mutations to the detection of isoniazid-resistant Mycobacterium tuberculosis isolates.
- Authors: Ho YM, Sun YJ, Wong SY, Lee AS
- Issue date: 2009 Sep
- Molecular characterization of isoniazid resistance in Mycobacterium tuberculosis: identification of a novel mutation in inhA.
- Authors: Leung ET, Ho PL, Yuen KY, Woo WL, Lam TH, Kao RY, Seto WH, Yam WC
- Issue date: 2006 Mar
- Molecular analysis of isoniazid-resistant Mycobacterium tuberculosis isolates from England and Wales reveals the phylogenetic significance of the ahpC -46A polymorphism.
- Authors: Baker LV, Brown TJ, Maxwell O, Gibson AL, Fang Z, Yates MD, Drobniewski FA
- Issue date: 2005 Apr
- Mechanisms of resistance against NITD-916, a direct inhibitor of Mycobacterium tuberculosis InhA.
- Authors: McNeil MB, Dennison D, Shelton C, Flint L, Korkegian A, Parish T
- Issue date: 2017 Dec