Polymorphisms in Isoniazid and Prothionamide Resistance Genes of the Mycobacterium tuberculosis Complex
KAUST DepartmentComputational Bioscience Research Center (CBRC)
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractSequence analyses of 74 strains that encompassed major phylogenetic lineages of the Mycobacterium tuberculosis complex revealed 10 polymorphisms in mshA (Rv0486) and four polymorphisms in inhA (Rv1484) that were not responsible for isoniazid or prothionamide resistance. Instead, some of these mutations were phylogenetically informative. This genetic diversity must be taken into consideration for drug development and for the design of molecular tests for drug resistance.
CitationPolymorphisms in Isoniazid and Prothionamide Resistance Genes of the Mycobacterium tuberculosis Complex 2011, 55 (9):4408 Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy
PublisherAmerican Society for Microbiology
PubMed Central IDPMC3165319
- Contribution of dfrA and inhA mutations to the detection of isoniazid-resistant Mycobacterium tuberculosis isolates.
- Authors: Ho YM, Sun YJ, Wong SY, Lee AS
- Issue date: 2009 Sep
- Molecular characterization of isoniazid resistance in Mycobacterium tuberculosis: identification of a novel mutation in inhA.
- Authors: Leung ET, Ho PL, Yuen KY, Woo WL, Lam TH, Kao RY, Seto WH, Yam WC
- Issue date: 2006 Mar
- Molecular characterization of isoniazid-resistant Mycobacterium tuberculosis clinical strains isolated in the Philippines.
- Authors: Herrera L, Valverde A, Saiz P, Sáez-Nieto JA, Portero JL, Jiménez MS
- Issue date: 2004 Jun
- Molecular characterization of isoniazid-resistant clinical isolates of Mycobacterium tuberculosis from the USA.
- Authors: Guo H, Seet Q, Denkin S, Parsons L, Zhang Y
- Issue date: 2006 Nov
- Characterization of the catalase-peroxidase gene (katG) and inhA locus in isoniazid-resistant and -susceptible strains of Mycobacterium tuberculosis by automated DNA sequencing: restricted array of mutations associated with drug resistance.
- Authors: Musser JM, Kapur V, Williams DL, Kreiswirth BN, van Soolingen D, van Embden JD
- Issue date: 1996 Jan