Evolution of the SrTiO3/MoO3 interface electronic structure: An in situ photoelectron spectroscopy study
KAUST DepartmentMaterials Science and Engineering Program
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/553007
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractModifying the surface energetics, particularly the work function, of advanced materials is of critical importance for a wide range of surface- and interface-based devices. In this work, using in situ photoelectron spectroscopy, we investigated the evolution of electronic structure at the SrTiO3 surface during the growth of ultrathin MoO3 layers. Thanks to the large work function difference between SrTiO3 and MoO3, the energy band alignment on the SrTiO3 surface is significantly modified. The charge transfer and dipole formation at the SrTiO3/MoO3 interface leads to a large modulation of work function and an apparent doping in SrTiO3. The measured evolution of electronic structure and upward band bending suggest that the growth of ultrathin MoO3 layers is a powerful tool to modulate the surface energetics of SrTiO3, and this surface-engineering approach could be generalized to other functional oxides.
CitationEvolution of the SrTiO3/MoO3 interface electronic structure: An in situ photoelectron spectroscopy study, 2015:150512135958003 ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces
PublisherAmerican Chemical Society (ACS)
- Impact of MoO3 interlayer on the energy level alignment of pentacene-C60 heterostructure.
- Authors: Zou Y, Mao H, Meng Q, Zhu D
- Issue date: 2016 Feb 28
- The Influence of Moisture on the Energy Level Alignment at the MoO<sub>3</sub>/Organic Interfaces.
- Authors: Yin Y, Lewis DA, Andersson GG
- Issue date: 2018 Nov 22
- Iso-oriented monolayer α-MoO3(010) films epitaxially grown on SrTiO3(001).
- Authors: Du Y, Li G, Peterson EW, Zhou J, Zhang X, Mu R, Dohnálek Z, Bowden M, Lyubinetsky I, Chambers SA
- Issue date: 2016 Feb 7
- Surface Transfer Doping of Cubic Boron Nitride Films by MoO3 and Tetrafluoro-tetracyanoquinodimethane (F4-TCNQ).
- Authors: He B, Ng TW, Lo MF, Lee CS, Zhang W
- Issue date: 2015 May 13
- Interface Structure of MoO3 on Organic Semiconductors.
- Authors: White RT, Thibau ES, Lu ZH
- Issue date: 2016 Feb 16