Loong, Li Ming
KAUST DepartmentPhysical Sciences and Engineering (PSE) Division
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractCurrent induced spin-orbit torques have been studied in ferromagnetic nanowires made of 20 nm thick Co/Pd multilayers with perpendicular magnetic anisotropy. Using Hall voltage and lock-in measurements, it is found that upon injection of an electric current both in-plane (Slonczewski-like) and perpendicular (fieldlike) torques build up in the nanowire. The torque efficiencies are found to be as large as 1.17 and 5 kOe at 108 A/cm2 for the in-plane and perpendicular components, respectively, which is surprisingly comparable to previous studies in ultrathin (∼1 nm) magnetic bilayers. We show that this result cannot be explained solely by spin Hall effect induced torque at the outer interfaces, indicating a probable contribution of the bulk of the Co/Pd multilayer.
CitationSpin-Orbit Torques in Co/Pd Multilayer Nanowires 2013, 111 (24) Physical Review Letters
PublisherAmerican Physical Society (APS)
JournalPhysical Review Letters
- Quantifying interface and bulk contributions to spin-orbit torque in magnetic bilayers.
- Authors: Fan X, Celik H, Wu J, Ni C, Lee KJ, Lorenz VO, Xiao JQ
- Issue date: 2014
- Spin-orbit torques from interfacial spin-orbit coupling for various interfaces.
- Authors: Kim KW, Lee KJ, Sinova J, Lee HW, Stiles MD
- Issue date: 2017 Sep
- Spin-orbit torque in a bulk perpendicular magnetic anisotropy Pd/FePd/MgO system.
- Authors: Lee HR, Lee K, Cho J, Choi YH, You CY, Jung MH, Bonell F, Shiota Y, Miwa S, Suzuki Y
- Issue date: 2014 Oct 8
- Spin-Orbit Torques in NbSe<sub>2</sub>/Permalloy Bilayers.
- Authors: Guimarães MHD, Stiehl GM, MacNeill D, Reynolds ND, Ralph DC
- Issue date: 2018 Feb 14
- Modulated switching current density and spin-orbit torques in MnGa/Ta films with inserting ferromagnetic layers.
- Authors: Meng K, Miao J, Xu X, Wu Y, Xiao J, Zhao J, Jiang Y
- Issue date: 2016 Dec 2