Loong, Li Ming
KAUST DepartmentMaterials Science and Engineering Program
Physical Sciences and Engineering (PSE) Division
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/552872
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractCurrent induced spin-orbit torques have been studied in ferromagnetic nanowires made of 20 nm thick Co/Pd multilayers with perpendicular magnetic anisotropy. Using Hall voltage and lock-in measurements, it is found that upon injection of an electric current both in-plane (Slonczewski-like) and perpendicular (fieldlike) torques build up in the nanowire. The torque efficiencies are found to be as large as 1.17 and 5 kOe at 108 A/cm2 for the in-plane and perpendicular components, respectively, which is surprisingly comparable to previous studies in ultrathin (∼1 nm) magnetic bilayers. We show that this result cannot be explained solely by spin Hall effect induced torque at the outer interfaces, indicating a probable contribution of the bulk of the Co/Pd multilayer.
CitationSpin-Orbit Torques in Co/Pd Multilayer Nanowires 2013, 111 (24) Physical Review Letters
PublisherAmerican Physical Society (APS)
JournalPhysical Review Letters
- Quantifying interface and bulk contributions to spin-orbit torque in magnetic bilayers.
- Authors: Fan X, Celik H, Wu J, Ni C, Lee KJ, Lorenz VO, Xiao JQ
- Issue date: 2014
- Spin-orbit torques from interfacial spin-orbit coupling for various interfaces.
- Authors: Kim KW, Lee KJ, Sinova J, Lee HW, Stiles MD
- Issue date: 2017 Sep
- Spin-orbit torque in a bulk perpendicular magnetic anisotropy Pd/FePd/MgO system.
- Authors: Lee HR, Lee K, Cho J, Choi YH, You CY, Jung MH, Bonell F, Shiota Y, Miwa S, Suzuki Y
- Issue date: 2014 Oct 8
- Long spin coherence length and bulk-like spin-orbit torque in ferrimagnetic multilayers.
- Authors: Yu J, Bang D, Mishra R, Ramaswamy R, Oh JH, Park HJ, Jeong Y, Van Thach P, Lee DK, Go G, Lee SW, Wang Y, Shi S, Qiu X, Awano H, Lee KJ, Yang H
- Issue date: 2019 Jan
- Anomalous spin-orbit torques in magnetic single-layer films.
- Authors: Wang W, Wang T, Amin VP, Wang Y, Radhakrishnan A, Davidson A, Allen SR, Silva TJ, Ohldag H, Balzar D, Zink BL, Haney PM, Xiao JQ, Cahill DG, Lorenz VO, Fan X
- Issue date: 2019 Sep