Exciting Graphene Surface Plasmon Polaritons through Light and Sound Interplay
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/552851
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractWe propose a concept that allows for efficient excitation of surface plasmon spolaritons (SPPs) on a thin graphene sheet located on a substrate by an incident electromagnetic field. Elastic vibrations of the sheet, which are generated by a flexural wave, act as a grating that enables the electromagnetic field to couple to propagating graphene SPPs. This scheme permits fast on-off switching of the SPPs and dynamic tuning of their excitation frequency by adjusting the vibration frequency (grating period). Potential applications include single molecule detection and enhanced control of SPP trajectories via surface wave patterning of graphene metasurfaces. Analytical calculations and numerical experiments demonstrate the practical applicability of the proposed concept.
CitationExciting Graphene Surface Plasmon Polaritons through Light and Sound Interplay 2013, 111 (23) Physical Review Letters
PublisherAmerican Physical Society (APS)
JournalPhysical Review Letters
- Plasmonic rainbow trapping by a graphene monolayer on a dielectric layer with a silicon grating substrate.
- Authors: Chen L, Zhang T, Li X, Wang G
- Issue date: 2013 Nov 18
- Exact solution for square-wave grating covered with graphene: surface plasmon-polaritons in the terahertz range.
- Authors: Peres NM, Bludov YV, Ferreira A, Vasilevskiy MI
- Issue date: 2013 Mar 27
- Excitation of crest and trough surface plasmon modes in in-plane bended graphene nanoribbons.
- Authors: Xia SX, Zhai X, Wang LL, Lin Q, Wen SC
- Issue date: 2016 Jan 11
- Quantifying Remote Heating from Propagating Surface Plasmon Polaritons.
- Authors: Evans CI, Zolotavin P, Alabastri A, Yang J, Nordlander P, Natelson D
- Issue date: 2017 Sep 13
- Efficient coupling of light to graphene plasmons by compressing surface polaritons with tapered bulk materials.
- Authors: Nikitin AY, Alonso-González P, Hillenbrand R
- Issue date: 2014 May 14