Non-Planar Nano-Scale Fin Field Effect Transistors on Textile, Paper, Wood, Stone, and Vinyl via Soft Material-Enabled Double-Transfer Printing
AuthorsRojas, Jhonathan Prieto
Sevilla, Galo T.
Ghoneim, Mohamed T.
Kutbee, Arwa T.
Hussain, Muhammad Mustafa
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/552326
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe ability to incorporate rigid but high-performance nano-scale non-planar complementary metal-oxide semiconductor (CMOS) electronics with curvilinear, irregular, or asymmetric shapes and surfaces is an arduous but timely challenge in enabling the production of wearable electronics with an in-situ information-processing ability in the digital world. Therefore, we are demonstrating a soft-material enabled double-transfer-based process to integrate flexible, silicon-based, nano-scale, non-planar, fin-shaped field effect transistors (FinFETs) and planar metal-oxide-semiconductor field effect transistors (MOSFETs) on various asymmetric surfaces to study their compatibility and enhanced applicability in various emerging fields. FinFET devices feature sub-20 nm dimensions and state-of-the-art, high-κ/metal gate stack, showing no performance alteration after the transfer process. A further analysis of the transferred MOSFET devices, featuring 1 μm gate length exhibits ION ~70 μA/μm (VDS = 2 V, VGS = 2 V) and a low sub-threshold swing of around 90 mV/dec, proving that a soft interfacial material can act both as a strong adhesion/interposing layer between devices and final substrate as well as a means to reduce strain, which ultimately helps maintain the device’s performance with insignificant deterioration even at a high bending state.
CitationNon-Planar Nano-Scale Fin Field Effect Transistors on Textile, Paper, Wood, Stone, and Vinyl via Soft Material-Enabled Double-Transfer Printing 2015:150501111031008 ACS Nano
PublisherAmerican Chemical Society (ACS)
- Sensing with Advanced Computing Technology: Fin Field-Effect Transistors with High-k Gate Stack on Bulk Silicon.
- Authors: Rigante S, Scarbolo P, Wipf M, Stoop RL, Bedner K, Buitrago E, Bazigos A, Bouvet D, Calame M, Schönenberger C, Ionescu AM
- Issue date: 2015 May 26
- Novel 14-nm Scallop-Shaped FinFETs (S-FinFETs) on Bulk-Si Substrate.
- Authors: Xu W, Yin H, Ma X, Hong P, Xu M, Meng L
- Issue date: 2015 Dec
- High-performance III-V MOSFET with nano-stacked high-k gate dielectric and 3D fin-shaped structure.
- Authors: Chen SH, Liao WS, Yang HC, Wang SJ, Liaw YG, Wang H, Gu H, Wang MC
- Issue date: 2012 Aug 1
- Analyses on RF Performances of Silicon-Compatible InGaAs-Based Planar-Type and Fin-Type Junctionless Field-Effect Transistors.
- Authors: Seo JH, Yoon YJ, Cho S, Tae HS, Lee JH, Kang IM
- Issue date: 2015 Oct
- Fabrication and transfer of flexible few-layers MoS2 thin film transistors to any arbitrary substrate.
- Authors: Salvatore GA, Münzenrieder N, Barraud C, Petti L, Zysset C, Büthe L, Ensslin K, Tröster G
- Issue date: 2013 Oct 22