Profiling microRNA expression during multi-staged date palm (Phoenix dactylifera L.) fruit development
Al-Mssallem, Ibrahim S.
Al-Johi, Hasan Awad
Online Publication Date2015-01-29
Print Publication Date2015-04
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/552308
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractMicroRNAs (miRNAs) play crucial roles in multiple stages of plant development and regulate gene expression at posttranscriptional and translational levels. In this study, we first identified 238 conserved miRNAs in date palm (Phoenix dactylifera) based on a high-quality genome assembly and defined 78 fruit-development-associated (FDA) miRNAs, whose expression profiles are variable at different fruit development stages. Using experimental data, we subsequently detected 276 novel P. dactylifera-specific FDA miRNAs and predicted their targets. We also revealed that FDA miRNAs function mainly in regulating genes involved in starch/sucrose metabolisms and other carbon metabolic pathways; among them, 221 FDA miRNAs exhibit negative correlation with their corresponding targets, which suggests their direct regulatory roles on mRNA targets. Our data define a comprehensive set of conserved and novel FDA miRNAs along with their expression profiles, which provide a basis for further experimentation in assigning discrete functions of these miRNAs in P. dactylifera fruit development.
CitationProfiling microRNA expression during multi-staged date palm (Phoenix dactylifera L.) fruit development 2015, 105 (4):242 Genomics
- MicroRNA Expression in Multistage Date Fruit Development.
- Authors: Liu W, Xin C, Yu J, Aljohi HA
- Issue date: 2017
- High-throughput sequencing-based gene profiling on multi-staged fruit development of date palm (Phoenix dactylifera, L.).
- Authors: Yin Y, Zhang X, Fang Y, Pan L, Sun G, Xin C, Ba Abdullah MM, Yu X, Hu S, Al-Mssallem IS, Yu J
- Issue date: 2012 Apr
- Characterization and evolution of conserved MicroRNA through duplication events in date palm (Phoenix dactylifera).
- Authors: Xiao Y, Xia W, Yang Y, Mason AS, Lei X, Ma Z
- Issue date: 2013
- Identification of miRNAs and Their Targets Involved in Flower and Fruit Development across Domesticated and Wild <i>Capsicum</i> Species.
- Authors: Lopez-Ortiz C, Peña-Garcia Y, Bhandari M, Abburi VL, Natarajan P, Stommel J, Nimmakayala P, Reddy UK
- Issue date: 2021 May 4
- Identification of miRNAs involved in pear fruit development and quality.
- Authors: Wu J, Wang D, Liu Y, Wang L, Qiao X, Zhang S
- Issue date: 2014 Nov 3