Superior Properties of Energetically Stable La2/3Sr1/3MnO3/Tetragonal BiFeO3 Multiferroic Superlattices
KAUST DepartmentPhysical Sciences and Engineering (PSE) Division
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe superlattice of energetically stable La2/3Sr1/3MnO3 and tetragonal BiFeO3 is investigated by means of density functional theory. The superlattice as a whole exhibits a half-metallic character, as is desired for spintronic devices. The interfacial electronic states and exchange coupling are analyzed in details. We demonstrate that the interfacial O atoms play a key role in controlling the coupling. The higher ferroelectricity of tetragonal BiFeO3 and stronger response to the magnetic moment in La2/3Sr1/3MnO3/BiFeO3 superlattice show a strongly enhanced electric control of the magnetism as compared to the rhombohedral one. Therefore, it is particularly practical interest in the magnetoelectric controlled spintronic devices.
CitationSuperior Properties of Energetically Stable La2/3Sr1/3MnO3/Tetragonal BiFeO3 Multiferroic Superlattices 2015:150430043736002 ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces
PublisherAmerican Chemical Society (ACS)
- First principles prediction of interfacial magnetoelectric coupling in tetragonal La2/3Sr1/3MnO3/BiFeO3 multiferroic superlattices.
- Authors: Feng N, Mi W, Wang X
- Issue date: 2015 May 28
- Intriguing photo-control of exchange bias in BiFeO3/La2/3Sr1/3MnO3 thin films on SrTiO3 substrates.
- Authors: Sung KD, Lee TK, Jung JH
- Issue date: 2015
- Magnetic properties of strained La2/3Sr1/3MnO3 perovskites from first principles.
- Authors: Böttcher D, Henk J
- Issue date: 2013 Apr 3
- Tilt engineering of exchange coupling at G-type SrMnO3/(La,Sr)MnO3 interfaces.
- Authors: Li F, Song C, Wang YY, Cui B, Mao HJ, Peng JJ, Li SN, Wang GY, Pan F
- Issue date: 2015 Nov 4
- Atomic-scale control of magnetic anisotropy via novel spin-orbit coupling effect in La2/3Sr1/3MnO3/SrIrO3 superlattices.
- Authors: Yi D, Liu J, Hsu SL, Zhang L, Choi Y, Kim JW, Chen Z, Clarkson JD, Serrao CR, Arenholz E, Ryan PJ, Xu H, Birgeneau RJ, Ramesh R
- Issue date: 2016 Jun 7