To what extent can charge localization influence electron injection efficiency at graphene-porphyrin interfaces?
AuthorsParida, Manas R.
Aly, Shawkat Mohammede
H, Nagaraju D
Alshareef, Husam N.
Mohammed, Omar F.
KAUST DepartmentKAUST Solar Center (KSC)
Physical Sciences and Engineering (PSE) Division
Chemical Science Program
Materials Science and Engineering Program
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractControlling the electron transfer process at donor- acceptor interfaces is a research direction that has not yet seen much progress. Here, with careful control of the charge localization on the porphyrin macrocycle using β -Cyclodextrin as an external cage, we are able to improve the electron injection efficiency from cationic porphyrin to graphene carboxylate by 120% . The detailed reaction mechanism is also discussed.
CitationTo what extent can charge localization influence electron injection efficiency at graphene-porphyrin interfaces? 2015 Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys.
PublisherRoyal Society of Chemistry (RSC)
JournalPhys. Chem. Chem. Phys.
- Molecular-structure Control of Ultrafast Electron Injection at Cationic Porphyrin-CdTe Quantum Dot Interfaces.
- Authors: Aly SM, Ahmed GH, Shaheen BS, Sun J, Mohammed OF
- Issue date: 2015 Mar 5
- Ultrafast electron injection at the cationic porphyrin-graphene interface assisted by molecular flattening.
- Authors: Aly SM, Parida MR, Alarousu E, Mohammed OF
- Issue date: 2014 Sep 18
- Porphyrins for dye-sensitised solar cells: new insights into efficiency-determining electron transfer steps.
- Authors: Griffith MJ, Sunahara K, Wagner P, Wagner K, Wallace GG, Officer DL, Furube A, Katoh R, Mori S, Mozer AJ
- Issue date: 2012 May 4
- Theoretical investigation of the charge-transfer properties in different meso-linked zinc porphyrins for highly efficient dye-sensitized solar cells.
- Authors: Namuangruk S, Sirithip K, Rattanatwan R, Keawin T, Kungwan N, Sudyodsuk T, Promarak V, Surakhot Y, Jungsuttiwong S
- Issue date: 2014 Jun 28