To what extent can charge localization influence electron injection efficiency at graphene-porphyrin interfaces?
AuthorsParida, Manas R.
Aly, Shawkat Mohammede
H, Nagaraju D
Alshareef, Husam N.
Mohammed, Omar F.
KAUST DepartmentKAUST Solar Center (KSC)
Physical Sciences and Engineering (PSE) Division
Chemical Science Program
Materials Science and Engineering Program
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/552281
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractControlling the electron transfer process at donor- acceptor interfaces is a research direction that has not yet seen much progress. Here, with careful control of the charge localization on the porphyrin macrocycle using β -Cyclodextrin as an external cage, we are able to improve the electron injection efficiency from cationic porphyrin to graphene carboxylate by 120% . The detailed reaction mechanism is also discussed.
CitationTo what extent can charge localization influence electron injection efficiency at graphene-porphyrin interfaces? 2015 Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys.
PublisherRoyal Society of Chemistry (RSC)
JournalPhys. Chem. Chem. Phys.
- Molecular-structure Control of Ultrafast Electron Injection at Cationic Porphyrin-CdTe Quantum Dot Interfaces.
- Authors: Aly SM, Ahmed GH, Shaheen BS, Sun J, Mohammed OF
- Issue date: 2015 Mar 5
- Ultrafast electron injection at the cationic porphyrin-graphene interface assisted by molecular flattening.
- Authors: Aly SM, Parida MR, Alarousu E, Mohammed OF
- Issue date: 2014 Sep 18
- Porphyrins for dye-sensitised solar cells: new insights into efficiency-determining electron transfer steps.
- Authors: Griffith MJ, Sunahara K, Wagner P, Wagner K, Wallace GG, Officer DL, Furube A, Katoh R, Mori S, Mozer AJ
- Issue date: 2012 May 4
- Theoretical investigation of the charge-transfer properties in different meso-linked zinc porphyrins for highly efficient dye-sensitized solar cells.
- Authors: Namuangruk S, Sirithip K, Rattanatwan R, Keawin T, Kungwan N, Sudyodsuk T, Promarak V, Surakhot Y, Jungsuttiwong S
- Issue date: 2014 Jun 28