Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/552278
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA model for sonicated micro-bubble oscillations inside a phantom vessel is proposed. The model is not a variant of conventional Rayleigh-Plesset equation and is obtained from reduced Navier-Stokes equations. The model relates the micro-bubble oscillation dynamics with geometric and acoustic parameters in a consistent manner. It predicts micro-bubble oscillation dynamics as well as micro-bubble fragmentation when compared to the experimental data. For large micro-bubble radius to vessel diameter ratios, predictions are damped, suggesting breakdown of inherent modeling assumptions for these cases. Micro-bubble response with acoustic parameters is consistent with experiments and provides physical insight to the micro-bubble oscillation dynamics.
CitationDynamics of micro-bubble sonication inside a phantom vessel 2013, 102 (1):013702 Applied Physics Letters
JournalApplied Physics Letters
PubMed Central IDPMC3555874
- The Rayleigh-Plesset equation in terms of volume with explicit shear losses.
- Authors: Leighton TG
- Issue date: 2008 Apr
- Acoustic microbubble dynamics with viscous effects.
- Authors: Manmi K, Wang Q
- Issue date: 2017 May
- The natural frequencies of microbubble oscillation in elastic vessels.
- Authors: Martynov S, Stride E, Saffari N
- Issue date: 2009 Dec
- A new pressure formulation for gas-compressibility dampening in bubble dynamics models.
- Authors: Gadi Man YA, Trujillo FJ
- Issue date: 2016 Sep
- Regimes of bubble volume oscillations in a pipe.
- Authors: Jeurissen R, Wijshoff H, van den Berg M, Reinten H, Lohse D
- Issue date: 2011 Nov