Low Temperature Processed Complementary Metal Oxide Semiconductor (CMOS) Device by Oxidation Effect from Capping Layer
Al-Jawhari, Hala A.
Nayak, Pradipta K.
Caraveo-Frescas, Jesus Alfonso
Hedhili, Mohamed N.
Alshareef, Husam N.
KAUST DepartmentElectron Microscopy
Imaging and Characterization Core Lab
Materials Science and Engineering Program
Physical Sciences and Engineering (PSE) Division
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/552270
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractIn this report, both p- and n-type tin oxide thin-film transistors (TFTs) were simultaneously achieved using single-step deposition of the tin oxide channel layer. The tuning of charge carrier polarity in the tin oxide channel is achieved by selectively depositing a copper oxide capping layer on top of tin oxide, which serves as an oxygen source, providing additional oxygen to form an n-type tin dioxide phase. The oxidation process can be realized by annealing at temperature as low as 190°C in air, which is significantly lower than the temperature generally required to form tin dioxide. Based on this approach, CMOS inverters based entirely on tin oxide TFTs were fabricated. Our method provides a solution to lower the process temperature for tin dioxide phase, which facilitates the application of this transparent oxide semiconductor in emerging electronic devices field.
CitationLow Temperature Processed Complementary Metal Oxide Semiconductor (CMOS) Device by Oxidation Effect from Capping Layer 2015, 5:9617 Scientific Reports
PubMed Central IDPMC4402970
- Thin film complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) device using a single-step deposition of the channel layer.
- Authors: Nayak PK, Caraveo-Frescas JA, Wang Z, Hedhili MN, Wang QX, Alshareef HN
- Issue date: 2014 Apr 14
- Selective Conversion from p-Type to n-Type of Printed Bottom-Gate Carbon Nanotube Thin-Film Transistors and Application in Complementary Metal-Oxide-Semiconductor Inverters.
- Authors: Xu Q, Zhao J, Pecunia V, Xu W, Zhou C, Dou J, Gu W, Lin J, Mo L, Zhao Y, Cui Z
- Issue date: 2017 Apr 12
- Control of Ambipolar Transport in SnO Thin-Film Transistors by Back-Channel Surface Passivation for High Performance Complementary-like Inverters.
- Authors: Luo H, Liang L, Cao H, Dai M, Lu Y, Wang M
- Issue date: 2015 Aug 12
- Oxide semiconductor thin-film transistors: a review of recent advances.
- Authors: Fortunato E, Barquinha P, Martins R
- Issue date: 2012 Jun 12
- Oxide Thin-Film Electronics using All-MXene Electrical Contacts.
- Authors: Wang Z, Kim H, Alshareef HN
- Issue date: 2018 Apr