KAUST DepartmentIntegrated Nanotechnology Lab
Electrical Engineering Program
Computer, Electrical and Mathematical Sciences and Engineering (CEMSE) Division
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractHetero-structure tunnel junctions in non-planar gate-all-around nanowire (GAA NW) tunnel FETs (TFETs) have shown significant enhancement in ‘ON’ state tunnel current over their all-silicon counterpart. Here we show the unique concept of nanotube TFET in a hetero-structure configuration that is capable of much higher drive current as opposed to that of GAA NW TFETs.Through the use of inner/outer core-shell gates, a single III-V hetero-structured nanotube TFET leverages physically larger tunneling area while achieving higher driver current (ION) and saving real estates by eliminating arraying requirement. Numerical simulations has shown that a 10 nm thin nanotube TFET with a 100 nm core gate has a 5×normalized output current compared to a 10 nm diameter GAA NW TFET.
CitationInAs/Si Hetero-Junction Nanotube Tunnel Transistors 2015, 5:9843 Scientific Reports
PublisherNature Publishing Group
PubMed Central IDPMC4413881
- Electrical Characteristics of Ge/Si-Based Source Pocket Tunnel Field-Effect Transistors.
- Authors: Ahn TJ, Yu YS
- Issue date: 2018 Sep 1
- High performance tunnel field-effect transistor by gate and source engineering.
- Authors: Huang R, Huang Q, Chen S, Wu C, Wang J, An X, Wang Y
- Issue date: 2014 Dec 19
- Observation of diameter dependent carrier distribution in nanowire-based transistors.
- Authors: Schulze A, Hantschel T, Eyben P, Verhulst AS, Rooyackers R, Vandooren A, Mody J, Nazir A, Leonelli D, Vandervorst W
- Issue date: 2011 May 6
- Combining axial and radial nanowire heterostructures: radial Esaki diodes and tunnel field-effect transistors.
- Authors: Dey AW, Svensson J, Ek M, Lind E, Thelander C, Wernersson LE
- Issue date: 2013
- Design of High Performance Si/SiGe Heterojunction Tunneling FETs with a T-Shaped Gate.
- Authors: Li W, Liu H, Wang S, Chen S, Yang Z
- Issue date: 2017 Dec