KAUST DepartmentIntegrated Nanotechnology Lab
Electrical Engineering Program
Computer, Electrical and Mathematical Sciences and Engineering (CEMSE) Division
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/552269
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractHetero-structure tunnel junctions in non-planar gate-all-around nanowire (GAA NW) tunnel FETs (TFETs) have shown significant enhancement in ‘ON’ state tunnel current over their all-silicon counterpart. Here we show the unique concept of nanotube TFET in a hetero-structure configuration that is capable of much higher drive current as opposed to that of GAA NW TFETs.Through the use of inner/outer core-shell gates, a single III-V hetero-structured nanotube TFET leverages physically larger tunneling area while achieving higher driver current (ION) and saving real estates by eliminating arraying requirement. Numerical simulations has shown that a 10 nm thin nanotube TFET with a 100 nm core gate has a 5×normalized output current compared to a 10 nm diameter GAA NW TFET.
CitationInAs/Si Hetero-Junction Nanotube Tunnel Transistors 2015, 5:9843 Scientific Reports
PublisherNature Publishing Group
PubMed Central IDPMC4413881
- Vertical Gate-All-Around Nanowire GaSb-InAs Core-Shell n-Type Tunnel FETs.
- Authors: Vasen T, Ramvall P, Afzalian A, Doornbos G, Holland M, Thelander C, Dick KA, Wernersson L-, Passlack M
- Issue date: 2019 Jan 17
- Electrical Characteristics of Ge/Si-Based Source Pocket Tunnel Field-Effect Transistors.
- Authors: Ahn TJ, Yu YS
- Issue date: 2018 Sep 1
- High performance tunnel field-effect transistor by gate and source engineering.
- Authors: Huang R, Huang Q, Chen S, Wu C, Wang J, An X, Wang Y
- Issue date: 2014 Dec 19
- Drain Current Model for Double Gate Tunnel-FETs with InAs/Si Heterojunction and Source-Pocket Architecture.
- Authors: Lu H, Lu B, Zhang Y, Zhang Y, Lv Z
- Issue date: 2019 Feb 1
- Design Optimization and Analysis of InGaAs/InAs/InGaAs Heterojunction-Based Electron Hole Bilayer Tunneling FETs.
- Authors: Seo JH, Yoon YJ, Cho S, Kang IM, Lee JH
- Issue date: 2019 Oct 1