KAUST DepartmentPhysical Sciences and Engineering (PSE) Division
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/550816
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe 4,7-dithieno-2,1,3-benzothiadiazole (DTBT) moiety and its fluorinated counterpart are important pi-conjugated building blocks in the field of organic electronics. Here we present a combined experimental and theoretical investigation into fundamental properties relating to these two molecular entities and discuss the potential impact on extended π-conjugated materials and their electronic properties. While the fluorinated derivative, in the solid state, packs with a smaller co-facial overlap than DTBT, we report experimental evidence for stronger optical absorption as well as stronger intra- and intermolecular contacts upon fluorination.
CitationOn the Effect of Fluorination of 2,1,3-Benzothiadiazole 2015:150422141205007 The Journal of Organic Chemistry
PublisherAmerican Chemical Society (ACS)
JournalThe Journal of Organic Chemistry
PubMed Central IDPMC4441535
- Heteroatom-bridged benzothiazolyls for organic solar cells: a theoretical study.
- Authors: Chen R, Wang Y, Chen T, Li H, Zheng C, Yuan K, Wang Z, Tao Y, Zheng C, Huang W
- Issue date: 2015 Jan 15
- Effects of aromatic trifluoromethylation, fluorination, and methylation on intermolecular π-π interactions.
- Authors: Mottishaw JD, Sun H
- Issue date: 2013 Aug 22
- Fluorinated benzothiadiazole (BT) groups as a powerful unit for high-performance electron-transporting polymers.
- Authors: Lee J, Jang M, Lee SM, Yoo D, Shin TJ, Oh JH, Yang C
- Issue date: 2014 Nov 26
- Synthesis of Benzothiadiazole Derivatives by Applying C-C Cross-Couplings.
- Authors: Heiskanen JP, Vivo P, Saari NM, Hukka TI, Kastinen T, Kaunisto K, Lemmetyinen HJ, Hormi OE
- Issue date: 2016 Feb 19
- New low bandgap dithienylbenzothiadiazole vinylene based copolymers: synthesis and photovoltaic properties.
- Authors: Liu B, Najari A, Pan C, Leclerc M, Xiao D, Zou Y
- Issue date: 2010 Feb 16