Two-dimensional gold nanostructures with high activity for selective oxidation of carbon–hydrogen bonds
KAUST DepartmentAdvanced Membranes and Porous Materials Research Center
Chemical Science Program
KAUST Catalysis Center (KCC)
Nanostructured Functional Materials (NFM) laboratory
Physical Science and Engineering (PSE) Division
Online Publication Date2015-04-22
Print Publication Date2015-12
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/550795
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractEfficient synthesis of stable two-dimensional (2D) noble metal catalysts is a challenging topic. Here we report the facile synthesis of 2D gold nanosheets via a wet chemistry method, by using layered double hydroxide as the template. Detailed characterization with electron microscopy and X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy demonstrates that the nanosheets are negatively charged and  oriented with thicknesses varying from single to a few atomic layers. X-ray absorption spectroscopy reveals unusually low gold–gold coordination numbers. These gold nanosheets exhibit high catalytic activity and stability in the solvent-free selective oxidation of carbon–hydrogen bonds with molecular oxygen.
CitationTwo-dimensional gold nanostructures with high activity for selective oxidation of carbon–hydrogen bonds 2015, 6:6957 Nature Communications
PubMed Central IDPMC4421807
- Nucleobase derived boron and nitrogen co-doped carbon nanosheets as efficient catalysts for selective oxidation and reduction reactions.
- Authors: Wang G, Wang P, Zhang X, Wei QH, Wu S, Xie Z
- Issue date: 2020 Apr 14
- Mesoporous layer-by-layer ordered nanohybrids of layered double hydroxide and layered metal oxide: highly active visible light photocatalysts with improved chemical stability.
- Authors: Gunjakar JL, Kim TW, Kim HN, Kim IY, Hwang SJ
- Issue date: 2011 Sep 28
- A cocoon silk chemistry strategy to ultrathin N-doped carbon nanosheet with metal single-site catalysts.
- Authors: Zhu Y, Sun W, Luo J, Chen W, Cao T, Zheng L, Dong J, Zhang J, Zhang M, Han Y, Chen C, Peng Q, Wang D, Li Y
- Issue date: 2018 Sep 21
- Facile synthesis of ultrathin lepidocrocite nanosheets from layered precursors.
- Authors: Yang Y, Zhong Y, Wang X, Ma Y, Yao J
- Issue date: 2014 Jun
- Investigation on the electrocatalytic activity and stability of three-dimensional and two-dimensional palladium nanostructures for ethanol and formic acid oxidation.
- Authors: Yazdan-Abad MZ, Noroozifar M, Alfi N
- Issue date: 2018 Dec 15