Two-dimensional gold nanostructures with high activity for selective oxidation of carbon–hydrogen bonds
KAUST DepartmentAdvanced Membranes and Porous Materials Research Center
Physical Sciences and Engineering (PSE) Division
KAUST Catalysis Center (KCC)
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractEfficient synthesis of stable two-dimensional (2D) noble metal catalysts is a challenging topic. Here we report the facile synthesis of 2D gold nanosheets via a wet chemistry method, by using layered double hydroxide as the template. Detailed characterization with electron microscopy and X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy demonstrates that the nanosheets are negatively charged and  oriented with thicknesses varying from single to a few atomic layers. X-ray absorption spectroscopy reveals unusually low gold–gold coordination numbers. These gold nanosheets exhibit high catalytic activity and stability in the solvent-free selective oxidation of carbon–hydrogen bonds with molecular oxygen.
CitationTwo-dimensional gold nanostructures with high activity for selective oxidation of carbon–hydrogen bonds 2015, 6:6957 Nature Communications
PubMed Central IDPMC4421807
- Hydrothermal continuous flow synthesis and exfoliation of NiCo layered double hydroxide nanosheets for enhanced oxygen evolution catalysis.
- Authors: Liang H, Meng F, Cabán-Acevedo M, Li L, Forticaux A, Xiu L, Wang Z, Jin S
- Issue date: 2015 Feb 11
- Mesoporous layer-by-layer ordered nanohybrids of layered double hydroxide and layered metal oxide: highly active visible light photocatalysts with improved chemical stability.
- Authors: Gunjakar JL, Kim TW, Kim HN, Kim IY, Hwang SJ
- Issue date: 2011 Sep 28
- Facile synthesis of ultrathin lepidocrocite nanosheets from layered precursors.
- Authors: Yang Y, Zhong Y, Wang X, Ma Y, Yao J
- Issue date: 2014 Jun
- Design, Synthesis, Assembly, and Engineering of Peptoid Nanosheets.
- Authors: Robertson EJ, Battigelli A, Proulx C, Mannige RV, Haxton TK, Yun L, Whitelam S, Zuckermann RN
- Issue date: 2016 Mar 15
- Oxygen reduction catalyzed by gold nanoclusters supported on carbon nanosheets.
- Authors: Wang Q, Wang L, Tang Z, Wang F, Yan W, Yang H, Zhou W, Li L, Kang X, Chen S
- Issue date: 2016 Mar 28