Draft Genome Sequences of Pseudomonas fluorescens BS2 and Pusillimonas noertemannii BS8, Soil Bacteria That Cooperate To Degrade the Poly- -D-Glutamic Acid Anthrax Capsule
KAUST DepartmentBiological and Environmental Sciences and Engineering (BESE) Division
Pathogen Genomics Laboratory
Online Publication Date2013-01-24
Print Publication Date2013-02-28
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/550678
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA mixed culture of Pseudomonas fluorescens BS2 and Pusillimonas noertemannii BS8 degraded poly-γ-d-glutamic acid; when the 2 strains were cultured separately, no hydrolytic activity was apparent. Here we report the draft genome sequences of both soil isolates.
CitationDraft Genome Sequences of Pseudomonas fluorescens BS2 and Pusillimonas noertemannii BS8, Soil Bacteria That Cooperate To Degrade the Poly- -D-Glutamic Acid Anthrax Capsule 2013, 1 (1):e00057-12 Genome Announcements
PublisherAmerican Society for Microbiology
- A poly-γ-(D)-glutamic acid depolymerase that degrades the protective capsule of Bacillus anthracis.
- Authors: Negus D, Taylor PW
- Issue date: 2014 Mar
- Whole-genome sequence data and analysis of type strains '<i>Pusillimonas nitritireducens'</i> and '<i>Pusillimonas subterraneus'</i> isolated from nitrate- and radionuclide-contaminated groundwater in Russia.
- Authors: Grouzdev DS, Tourova TP, Babich TL, Shevchenko MA, Sokolova DS, Abdullin RR, Poltaraus AB, Toshchakov SV, Nazina TN
- Issue date: 2018 Dec
- Monoclonal antibody against the poly-gamma-D-glutamic acid capsule of Bacillus anthracis protects mice from enhanced lethal toxin activity due to capsule and anthrax spore challenge.
- Authors: Jang J, Cho M, Lee HR, Cha K, Chun JH, Hong KJ, Park J, Rhie GE
- Issue date: 2013 Mar
- Degradation of poly(3-hydroxyoctanoic acid) [P(3HO)] by bacteria: purification and properties of a P(3HO) depolymerase from Pseudomonas fluorescens GK13.
- Authors: Schirmer A, Jendrossek D, Schlegel HG
- Issue date: 1993 Apr
- Pseudomonas fluorescens-like bacteria from the stomach: a microbiological and molecular study.
- Authors: Patel SK, Pratap CB, Verma AK, Jain AK, Dixit VK, Nath G
- Issue date: 2013 Feb 21