Polyhomologation based on in situ generated Boron-thexyl-silaboracyclic initiating sites: a novel strategy towards the synthesis of polyethylene-based complex architectures
KAUST DepartmentChemical Science Program
KAUST Catalysis Center (KCC)
Physical Science and Engineering (PSE) Division
Polymer Synthesis Laboratory
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/550073
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA novel strategy, based on the in situ generated Boron-thexyl-silaboracyclic initiating sites for the polyhomologation of dimethylsulfoxonium methylide, has been developed for the synthesis of complex polyethylene-based architectures. As examples, the synthesis of a 4-arm polyethylene star, three (polystyrene)(polyethylene)2 3-miktoarm stars and a PE-branched double graft copolymers are given.
CitationHadjichristidis, Nikos, Zhen Zhang, and Yves Gnanou. "Polyhomologation based on in situ generated Boron-thexyl-silaboracyclic initiating sites: a novel strategy towards the synthesis of polyethylene-based complex architectures." Chemical Communications (2015).
PublisherRoyal Society of Chemistry (RSC)
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as This article is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported Licence.
- Polyhomologation: Synthesis of Novel Polymethylene Architectures by a Living Polymerization of Dimethylsulfoxonium Methylide.
- Authors: Shea KJ, Busch BB, Paz MM
- Issue date: 1998 Jun 5
- Anionic polymerization and polyhomologation: an ideal combination to synthesize polyethylene-based block copolymers.
- Authors: Zhang H, Alkayal N, Gnanou Y, Hadjichristidis N
- Issue date: 2013 Oct 11
- The polyhomologation of 1-boraadamantane: mapping the migration pathways of a propagating macrotricyclic trialkylborane.
- Authors: Wagner CE, Kim JS, Shea KJ
- Issue date: 2003 Oct 8
- Isotactic-Polypropylene/Atactic-Polystyrene Miktoarm Star Copolymers: Synthesis and Aggregation Morphology.
- Authors: Wang Y, Liu X, Liu L, Niu H
- Issue date: 2019 Sep 27
- 1-Boraadamantane blows its top, sometimes. The mono- and polyhomologation of 1-boraadamantane.
- Authors: Wagner CE, Shea KJ
- Issue date: 2001 Oct 4