Synthesis, characterization and anticancer activity of gold(I) complexes that contain tri-tert-butylphosphine and dialkyl dithiocarbamate ligands
Seliman, Adam A.A.
Wazeer, Mohammed I.M.
Isab, Anvarhusein A.
KAUST DepartmentKing Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST), Thuwal, 23955-6900 Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Online Publication Date2015-03-10
Print Publication Date2015-05
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/348543
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractTwo new gold(I) complexes that contain tri-ter-butylphosphine and dialkyl dithiocarbamate ligands were synthesized and characterized by FTIR, NMR spectroscopy, Cyclic voltammetry, elemental analysis and X-ray diffraction. The in vitro cytotoxicity of both complexes was examined against A549 (lung cancer), MCF7 (breast cancer), and HeLa (cervical cancer) human cancer cell lines. Both complexes exhibit very strong in vitro cytotoxic effects against A549, MCF7 and HeLa cell lines. The screening of the cytotoxic activity based on IC50 data against the A549, MCF7, and HeLa lines shows that the synthesized gold(I) complexes are highly effective, particularly against HeLa cancer cell line. Based on IC50 data, the cytotoxic activity of both complexes is better than well-known commercial anticancer drug cisplatin against all the three cancer lines tested.
CitationSynthesis, characterization and anticancer activity of gold(I) complexes that contain tri-tert-butylphosphine and dialkyl dithiocarbamate ligands 2015 European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry
RelationsIs Supplemented By:
- Gold dithiocarbamate derivatives as potential antineoplastic agents: design, spectroscopic properties, and in vitro antitumor activity.
- Authors: Ronconi L, Giovagnini L, Marzano C, Bettìo F, Graziani R, Pilloni G, Fregona D
- Issue date: 2005 Mar 21
- Ru(III)-based compounds with sulfur donor ligands: synthesis, characterization, electrochemical behaviour and anticancer activity.
- Authors: Giovagnini L, Sitran S, Castagliuolo I, Brun P, Corsini M, Zanello P, Zoleo A, Maniero A, Biondi B, Fregona D
- Issue date: 2008 Dec 21
- Synthesis, structures, and selective toxicity to cancer cells of gold(I) complexes involving N-heterocyclic carbene ligands.
- Authors: Boselli L, Ader I, Carraz M, Hemmert C, Cuvillier O, Gornitzka H
- Issue date: 2014 Oct 6
- Synthesis, characterization, and in vitro antitumor properties of tris(hydroxymethyl)phosphine copper(I) complexes containing the new bis(1,2,4-triazol-1-yl)acetate ligand.
- Authors: Marzano C, Pellei M, Colavito D, Alidori S, Lobbia GG, Gandin V, Tisato F, Santini C
- Issue date: 2006 Dec 14
- Antiproliferative effects of metal complexes of new isatin hydrazones against HCT116, MCF7 and HELA tumour cell lines.
- Authors: Kandile NG, Mohamed MI, Ismaeel HM
- Issue date: 2012 Jun